Soap Smooth (Seifenglatt) - Your opinions please

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Oasisdave, May 22, 2015.

1. Oasisdave

Oasisdave Active Member; radioactive

Just wondering if any of you have any experience with these soaps. Compared to soaps like B&M, Catie's, CSRW, Stirling, etc. there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of info out there. But if I go to Maggard's website and select 'ALL soaps and Creams' and then sort them by 'Most Popular' the Soap Smooth are all pretty far up towards the top of the list even though there aren't many reviews for the soaps on the product pages. I've been eyeing Lyon, Cognac, and Versailles for awhile but was hoping to get a little input from some who may have tried some of Soap Smooth's offerings.

2. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

3. theFAT98

theFAT98 Well-Known Member

I have seifenglatt montpelliar and ive only lathered it. But im impressed. A much thicker denser lather than caties bubbles and barrister and mann.

Great grapefruit scent too.

4. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

It's an excellent soap I have their Krampert's Bay Rum and Frostbite.

Redrock likes this.
  5. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

It's ok, I'd rather spend my money on Catie's Bubble.

Oasisdave likes this.
  6. Oasisdave

Oasisdave Active Member; radioactive

I know what you mean, I have more Catie's than anything else and there's still 4 that I'm dying to get!

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  7. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Catie's is one of the best soaps/deals in our community.

Tdmsu likes this.
  8. Kyrlos01

Kyrlos01 New Member

I have Krampert's Frostbite. I agree, it's an excellent performer.

9. Redrock

Redrock Well-Known Member

The Krampert's Finest Bay Rum has moved in to my top three. I love this soap. Amazingly quick, slick lather. Wonderful scent. Most comfortable shave. Highly recommended. I won't try to mention all of the soaps I have used in the past but it is a bunch. This really is one of my all time favorites and definitely a keeper. (I have a sample heading Kerry's way along with some SV Dolomiti.)

Tdmsu likes this.
  10. Chuck F

Chuck F Cheesy! Big Curd style

I got my first of their soaps recently, they have all the product with Seifenglatt branding on clearance. Performance is really excellent and the scent I got--teak, cade and sandalwood-- is beautiful. Unfortunately, something in it irritates my skin.

11. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I am not sure what soapsmooth is? I do have three Seiffenglatt soaps. Versaile, Cognac, Ceret. I like the Versailles the best then the Cognac. However it is not as good as Caties, MDC, Le Pere Lucien and some others. Caties has jumped to the top of my list. I have 6 Caties. One thing I do like about the Seiffenglatt is it comes in a big container & if mixed with a good crème like DR Harris it blossoms out like a million dollars. Would I buy more Seiffenglatt ( Soapsmooth) NO, it just is not that great

Last edited: May 30, 2015
  12. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Take a look at the link I posted above. Name change.

Redrock and cubancigar2000 like this.
  13. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Thx GD.

GDCarrington likes this.