What Manly Things Did You Do Today?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by jwr0201, Jan 17, 2015.

1. bnccna2

bnccna2 Well-Known Member

Finished the wood flooring in my house, installed a new sink and faucet, watered the lawn, had an awesome early evening shave, and currently enjoying a cold beer while browsing TSD. Plus I managed not to kill any of my kids today which was no small feat. I hear that grandkids are so much more fun!

txskimo likes this.
  2. Quasar

Quasar Active Member

Real Men play the Piccolo and march during Memorial day

and when they're finished... they eat a hamburger.

Totally didn't do this (Or did I?)
    Whistle's incoherently, puts on fedora, slides out of view....

txskimo and Seabs like this.
  3. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

WP_20150525_001.jpg WP_20150525_003.jpg Okay, is hanging out with my granddaughter manly? Rode the quad and taught her to shoot.

gorgo2, gssixgun, ObiDon and 4 others like this.
  4. BigMark

BigMark Tests razors by shaving Wookies

And I thought the bathroom sink was messy after trimming my beard.

5. BigMark

BigMark Tests razors by shaving Wookies

Every women should now how to properly use a firearm. Good on you. :happy088:

gorgo2, ObiDon, txskimo and 2 others like this.
  6. gssixgun

gssixgun At this point in time...

Supporting Vendor
    Nice looking "Grill" shots gents :p

Lets see this weekend Sat and Sun were spent on the boat enjoying the sunshine

Me and Elmo :) doing the selfie thing

[​IMG]

Today was spent watching the rain, watching American Sniper, and then finally getting enough clear skies to get the Plow on the tractor and break ground for the new section of garden..
    Then hooking up the Choker chains and tearing out a few dead trees from the stand directly behind the house ..

No Pics :(

ObiDon, Erik Redd, txskimo and 2 others like this.
  7. Daxom

Daxom New Member

Gun Range. Shot:

Ruger LCP .380
    Glock 19 Gen4
    Taurus 1911 .45
    Arsenal Strike One 9mm
    FNP 9mm
    Remington 870 Police
    Colt LE 6920 M4

txskimo and Spyder like this.
  8. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

Did you eat them Korean style with Kimchi, sliced raw garlic and gochujang? For the uninitiated gochujang is red pepper paste for dipping the raw garlic in.

Last night I ate samkyapsal and drank countless bottles of soju with my friends from my gym. Samkyapsal is thick sliced unsmoked bacon grilled on an open fire in the middle of the table. Yes that right bacon as a main course. I have no idea how to describe the mystery alcohol soju, it supposed to be distilled from rice like sake but I think it is really a petroleum byproduct.

Last edited: May 26, 2015
    txskimo and Rufus T. like this.
  9. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

bacon for dinner! :drool:

What little soju I've had, I think you're right. It's bascially Korean/Asian Cachaca (Brazilian Rum)... which is to say, gasoline which happens to be drinkable. But, they both mellow when mixed.

And I find with sake' (not sure if this applies to soju), but I don't feel the effects at all until I try to stand up. :eek:

txskimo, Keithmax and Rufus T. like this.
  10. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I bought four bags of pine bark mini nuggets mulch for my wife today. She was very happy.

Spyder likes this.
  11. gssixgun

Supporting Vendor
    Second section of the Garden is going in as planned but a couple of days late, it rained for the last week or so

Ripped through the Sod last week with the Kubota and the plow just like last year, got the tiller in there today.. Unlike last year when I didn't have enough power to really rip through the ground, this year the Craftsman tore it all up, pretty happy with the results..

New posts for the extension will go up later today and hopefully I can get it all buttoned up by tomorrow..

Going to try an idea I read about in the FB Homesteading group I am in for the new section, putting down Cardboard, then a layer of Straw then putting in the raised beds and new Soil and Peat Moss.. This is supposed to near eliminate the weeds for the first year, then the cardboard basically disintegrates over the winter I hope [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Even remembered the leather gloves so I didn't screw up my hands like last time hehehehe

macaronus and hrfdez like this.
  12. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Wrestled on the floor with my grandson. He'll be 5 tomorrow; only a year or two more that I can guarantee I can take 'im. :susel:

macaronus and richgem like this.
  13. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

haha but sorry Steve I read that wrong. I thought you said in a year or two you would e able to take him. Oops

swarden43 likes this.
  14. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Only if penguins have discovered how to reverse the aging process! :happy102:

richgem likes this.
  15. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

All at the same time?

16. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I fixed a loose shower curtain rod.

17. Hairy Alaskan

Hairy Alaskan eww da toilet

Shaved with my Muhle R41.

18. gssixgun

Supporting Vendor
    Oh my aching back :)

Finally after 13 years here we are tearing down the old Wellhouse and rebuilding the entire system and shed from the ground up

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yes the wasps and hornets were quite pissed off at me :p

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Finished breaking it all down, and hauling it all to the dump today...

Now the fun starts,,, I want to take it all out to the bare dirt around the Well casing then build it all back up again, but I have until Oct 1st to have it all done the way I see it

19. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

Looks like a good day for working.

gssixgun likes this.
  20. jamespasini69

jamespasini69 Well-Known Member

Hung a shower wall. Band practice with the guys. Took care of SWMBO

gssixgun likes this.