I'm having a consistency issue with my razor

Discussion in 'Straight Razors' started by Reformation Student, Mar 16, 2008.

1. Reformation Student

Reformation Student New Member

For anyone who may be following this, I thought I'd let you know how today's shave went.

Right after the 1st pass, I could tell this was going to be a great shave.

It was the best of the 3 since following Bill's instructions. It's almost back to what I'm used to when I get a really good shave. I just had a couple of spots that didn't get as close but that could be me too.

I have to say that I would have taken this razor back to either pastes or the Norton after the 2nd shave since I didn't like the results but Bill was right on target suggesting that I continue to strop on the plain leather until I get the edge "there".

Bill, many thanks for the advice. I've printed it out so I don't forget it. You've also taught me something about how effective stropping can be. :thanks

Thanks too for everyone who posted suggestions. I appreciate all the help and advice!

2. Bill

Bill Man of Steel

I'm here to help...

[​IMG]

:D

Glad it worked for you...​

3. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    I'm following this. :)

Glad the advice worked out for you! :happy088

4. Reformation Student

Reformation Student New Member

Spy ;)

I enjoy learning experiences like this one. Who knows, someday I might be able to pass the advice along and actually be a useful member :D

5. Queen of Blades

Just call me Harriet. ;)

Exactly on the learning. I haven't tried a straight, and might not, but I like gathering the knowledge.

6. xChris

xChris Member

I've been following this thhread, and have applied some of Bill's advice on a razor that needed some touching up. So, thanks for posting the question.

JoA--
    When you're ready, you know where to sign up for trying out a SER. :D

7. Queen of Blades

I'll just steal some of Bobby's straights, if the need arises. ;)

Thanks anyway, Chris! :happy088