What do you hate about wet-shaving?

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by HUF, Nov 16, 2014.

1. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

All us poor saps who were tired of paying out the nose for carts. I might have spent $150 for this razor, but I'm only paying 9 cents per blade. Lol

AGHisBBS and mrchick like this.
  2. billdog2

billdog2 Well-Known Member

My advice, for what it`s worth, is to buy middle of the road products. Try a few different combinations until you find what you need(not want). There is one problem with this method.... there`s a good chance that you`ll get hooked on the procedure, as I did, and go overboard on shiny gadgets. So stay focused on what you really need and enjoy wet shaving. There are a lot of decent shaving accessories at your local shops that aren`t expensive.

Happy Shaving and God Bless

Cheechako and mrchick like this.
  3. Sir.$-Mad

Sir.$-Mad Well-Known Member

Hmm, lets see. The thing i hate about wet shaving I would have to go with is probably inconsistency. Most of the time I can get a good shave, but I can also have bad shave days where my technique can be way way off where I end up having irritations, or a little bit of stubble. Another would be if I'm sporting a goatee or outlined beard that I accidentally shave too much off the edges. Once you take off too much, it's kinda hard to patch it up and make it look good again.

4. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

image.jpg
    Ahh.. But that's why the goatee saver was invented.

Bill_F likes this.
  5. Sir.$-Mad

Sir.$-Mad Well-Known Member

Hmm....fascinating!

6. billdog2

To each his own.

Happy Shaving and God Bless

7. blankd

blankd New Member

The thing I hate is with all the razors, brushes, soaps and all I can see the sink top anymore.

Cheechako likes this.
  8. billdog2

Yea, I can relate to that.

Cheechako likes this.
  9. Paladin38201

Paladin38201 Member

I hate that I quit wet shaving and tried the latest, greatest razors on the market. Then I awoke from stupidity and started DE shaving again.

billdog2 and mrchick like this.
  10. billdog2

Kudos to you!!

Paladin38201 likes this.
  11. Redrock

Redrock Well-Known Member

Didn't return sooner and can only shave once a day.:angry017:

12. billdog2

It seems like you`re in pretty in pretty good shape if that`s all.

Happy shaving and God Bless

13. Redrock

Redrock Well-Known Member

Sweet!!!!!!!

14. JamesFavre

JamesFavre Active Member

I agree with the "wish I was introduced sooner" complaint lol. Definitely could have picked up some great razors in Asia.

15. BJHawk1

BJHawk1 Member

Definitely that I didn't start sooner and that I have missed out on trying and collecting different soaps and razors from all over the world. Definitely on my next deployment I will be procuring many things.

16. Rusty blade

Rusty blade The Good Humor Man

So many soaps and creams to try...so little time...

DLP likes this.
  17. Bill_F

Bill_F Well-Known Member

I enjoy the whole DE shaving process and wish I had started much earlier. But I really wish it took a little less time. This morning I spent over 5 minutes on touch up alone. I would probably have spent more except work called and woke up my wife. :sad023:

18. Mouser

Mouser Well-Known Member

Well, someone said it first. Damn! that was MY thing.........:angry017:

HolyRollah likes this.
  19. hippiebrian

hippiebrian Well-Known Member

Here's what I hate. It started with the wet shaving and how good my face felt when I was done due to both the razor and the preshaves, soaps and aftershaves. This lead to buying natural soap, a scrunchie and a natural back brush for the shower. I used to shower with whatever was on sale, drag a cart across my face and tear it up and be out of the bathroom in 10 minutes max. Now I wet myself in the shower (okay people, get your heads out of the gutter, I mean with water), lather up the scrunchie and back brush, turn the water off, lather up my body, rinse (and I actually use the shower head with the hose now to get those hard to rinse areas), use the natural soap on my head instead of the buck ninety nine a gallon shampoo. Then I towel dry, wet my face with the hot water that my shave bowl and brush are soaking in, put on some pre-shave, do a nice 2 or 3 pass shave with touchups, cold rinse, apply balm and splash aftershave, put on deoderant -, clean everything up and apply cologne. Somewhere in all this, occasionally the brain will say "Brian, you have become such a girly man" because that is how I was raised to think. That thought is what I hate about wet shaving.

Kizurra and mrchick like this.
  20. chevyguy

chevyguy Well-Known Member

The cleanup after Shaving. When I use an electric there's no cleanup other than rinsing out my Shaver.

Clayton

billdog2 and Spud like this.