Classy Man box

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Mustache, Jul 22, 2015.

1. Mustache

Mustache Well-Known Member

My wife surprised me with a 3 month trial to the Classy Man Shave Club. I tried to do some research but couldn't find any reviews of them.

This is the first box of goodies.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    She said she choose this box because it came with a bowl, the others didn't, and the prices were pretty much the same.
    Awesome list of products in the box! Everything in the box is a brand I have not used! I think everything is legible in the photo. If you want a list, I'll post it.

I will say, the razor is nice and heavy. It looks like a DE89/R89 but twice as heavy. My only complaint is that it's covered in paint, has a "pliers type mark" in the handle/paint, and whoever put the head together put the cap on the bottom of the base then tightened down the handle.

Other than that, I have so much new stuff, I don't know where to begin! GROW BEARD! GROW!

2. brow_tines

brow_tines Well-Known Member

How much is the membership if you don't mind me asking?

3. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

that's some good stuff u got there! the WSP soap makes a nice rich lather

Dzia Dzia and Mustache like this.
  4. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Love it.

Mustache likes this.
  5. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

6. Mustache

It looks like $25/mo for the 3mo. $21/mo for the 6mo. I know there are a couple that are a little cheaper but I think $20 was about as cheap as they get depending on length of membership. And is cancelable at anytime.

The wife did the 3mo to see if I liked it. I know the dollar value is questionable by some. We'll see what next month brings(sans brush, razor, and bowl) to see what a normal amount of products are included. If nothing else, its a good way to get a few trial sizes of products I wouldn't normally pickup.

macaronus, Spud and Boojum1 like this.
  7. Mustache

When the wife signed me up, she couldn't wait to tell me. So since I already knew about WSC and others, I wanted to see what this company was about (and cost). I found their website but no real reviews ANYWHERE.

macaronus likes this.
  8. Dzia Dzia

Dzia Dzia Entitled to whine

Looks nice but if I'm going to spend $30 a month it will have to be want I want or want to try.

178-bplatoon and Mustache like this.
  9. Mustache

I wouldn't have got it myself but the wife knows I enjoy our hobby and wanted to get it for me. We'll see what comes in the next two boxes and may cancel after that. I should have enough new stuff to try for a while after that.

6 month subscription is $21/ month.

10. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

You have a very thoughtful wife. That's a nice gift. Check it out and keep us posted.

11. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Pretty classy, man. A good way to get some Arko.

12. Mustache

Lol.. I opened the box, saw the arko stick, and immediately said "Woohoo! This is good. Everyone rants and raves about this. Now I can try it."

13. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

Great box! Your wife is to be congratulated!

Douglas Carey, trey06dmd and Mustache like this.
  14. Dzia Dzia

You got some good products. I especially like the WSP dispute and aftershave. You'll like the soaps. Good lather. I just question if I would need to get that many every month.

Mustache likes this.
  15. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

How cool is that?

Douglas Carey likes this.
  16. Dzia Dzia

That was supposed to be soap not dispute. Predictive text. Bah!

Mustache likes this.
  17. txskimo

txskimo Well-Known Member

Awesome looking box! I think TSD should offer something similar. I like the idea of getting new surprises every month and it's easier to test stuff since your not thinking about what to get.

18. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

Great variety of things in there to try!

Douglas Carey and Mustache like this.
  19. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

We discussed that a few years back. JoAnna really dug in to find out the possibility of a monthly offering. Best thing at the time was what we have now - TSD Soap of the Quarter (see the TSD Shop).

txskimo, Douglas Carey and macaronus like this.
  20. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

You have a Very thoughtful, sweet wife!! Much better than a tie.:) I'm curious what does Garlic Tweed soap smell like?
    I think TSD could do something like that, most people here at least probably wouldn't need a razor, however sample soaps, creams, after shaves, stuff like that would be kind of neat I think.:happy088: