Clubman

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by BigMark, Mar 14, 2015.

1. Radiotube

Radiotube RADInOverdrive

Find out if you can and share the brand of soap they are supplying with the rest of us. I wouldn't mind showering with a Clubman type of soap!

Dubs and wmbjr like this.
  2. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

I will if I can. It's a softsoap that I'm sure only comes in the industrial/institutional pouches that fit into commercial soap dispensers.

3. Radiotube

Radiotube RADInOverdrive

Figures... don't worry about it. I should have known it would be commercial only. That being said, I think Pinaud is missing an opportunity to expand their line, in my opinion.

Dubs likes this.
  4. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

Easy, just pilfer it and sell it to the rest of us:)
    I use the Clubman shampoo. Great stuff!!

Mr. Shaverman, Dubs and wmbjr like this.
  5. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

I keep some original on hand and break it out as the mood strikes me. I wouldn't want to wear it everyday but it makes a nice change.

6. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    I keep a bottle at work and put a few drops of Clubman in my respirator every day. I like the smell, and it relaxes me. :)

Tdmsu and Dzia Dzia like this.
  7. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Mark, I hope you continue to like Clubman, so you can be part of the Clubmen of this world.

8. Paul Turner

How do you like the Special Reserve? I'm thinking of adding that to my Clubman supply.

9. Mr. Shaverman

@Radiotube @Spyder

I looked, and there was no actual name on the bag of soft soap. I also used it myself, and there was really not much of anything that reminded me of Clubman. So either they switched (possible) or I was on the same schedule as someone using their own shower soap that smelled like Clubman and I kept smelling theirs.

Sorry boys, it was a dead end!

Jasman likes this.
  10. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Would asking to sniff people be out of line at your gym?

brow_tines likes this.
  11. Paul Turner

That shampoo is a classic, all right. I have quite a bit to go before I re-order.

12. Paul Turner

I have the Country Club.....should take me through the fall&winter months.

13. Paul Turner

That's interesting...I've read from a few others who say Skin-Bracer and C;ubman are similar(but they note the differences, too).

14. Dzia Dzia

Dzia Dzia Entitled to whine

Mmm, mmm, mmm, Clubman and Juicy Fruit gum. Kinda takes you back.

15. Dubs

Dubs Well-Known Member

I actually like the scent. It has a cedar and pine smell. It is pretty stout (which I like) and lasts quite a while. I don't like it as much as Clubman or Musk, but I do like it. I also have the Master Challenge, Master's version of Special Reserve, and it is very similar and isn't as coarse. Neither of these are readily available near me, so I'm not sure if I will re-order either of them when I run out. Maybe. Who knows? We'll see.

gorgo2, Spyder and Douglas Carey like this.
  16. Mr. Shaverman

Not if you were to do it, no. I'd encourage you to ask to sniff anyone you'd like, anywhere and anytime.

Spyder and gorgo2 like this.
  17. Mr. Shaverman

It's interesting how people process smells. I've heard that too, but to me they are as different as night and day.

Douglas Carey likes this.
  18. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

brb

Mr. Shaverman likes this.
  19. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

Agreed. I don't get that connection at all. I love Clubman, skin bracer, no so much...

Douglas Carey likes this.
  20. Paul Turner

Are there any barbershop deodorant soaps???