Kudos: BullGoose Shaving Supplies

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by DaveTheWave81, Jul 31, 2015.

1. DaveTheWave81

DaveTheWave81 Member

Just to let everyone know (and I'm sure many already do), that Phil of BullGoose Shaving Supplies is great person to do business with. Seems very proud of his company and is very attentive to his customers. Very prompt and friendly replies to my question about an item and just as fast to ship.
    You can really tell the difference when you find a good online merchant these days versus the fast, click and order, we take your money, see ya' type that's the majority. This order will be my first of many.

Oh yeah...got myself a very nice Shavecraft 101 Razor :)
    Been wanting one for a while.

2. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Good for you. Congratulations.

3. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Excellent! I'd like to hear your thoughts on the dual head, I have a SC101 also which I really like! The only problem I have is I use the closed comb side all the time.

DaveTheWave81 and clint64 like this.
  4. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Phil is a great vendor with very prompt shipping and has always been on the spot answering my questions.

DaveTheWave81 likes this.
  5. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Congrats on your new razor! Yes, Phil is a very nice and helpful guy and a great vendor! :happy088:

6. DaveTheWave81

DaveTheWave81 Member

Definitely can't wait to try it out this evening. I'm thinking a new Voskhod blade will be the perfect compliment for it.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  7. MoAllen

MoAllen King of Unscented

I have been amazed by how fast Phil gets shipments out. My last order took just 48 hours from clicking to submit the order to holding the package in my hands! That was standard shipping. I am in Seattle and Phil is in LA, so the transit time might be less than coast to coast, but even so, that highlights how efficient his operation is.

8. DaveTheWave81

DaveTheWave81 Member

I'm very pleased with it and it may become my #1 razor. I had two days growth which the open-comb side handled excellent. My first and only open-comb razor and I'm very impressed. It was one of those "why did I wait so long to get one?" moments. I did my second pass with the closed-comb side and was very pleased with that side too. A very mild razor but also very effective. The second pass was an option and I can also attribute that to the Voskhod blades. I may have to order another one of these or at least try to find the head by itself. I like it a lot already.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  9. CyanideMetal

CyanideMetal Wild and crazy guy

He used to visit here now and again

10. 211bma

211bma Active Member

IDK I've really not found many merchants in this hobby to be anything but nice (there have only been a few)! Yes my experience with Bull Goose has been great.

SHAVEWIZARD420 and DaveTheWave81 like this.
  11. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Nice! What handle came with yours? Bamboo or OSS?

12. DaveTheWave81

DaveTheWave81 Member

It came with the Bamboo handle which was all I think he had in stock. I swapped it for my Lawrence handle which is a longer and heavier stainless steel one. I love that handle. It comes on a razor that's just $18 on Amazon. I'm going to buy another one just for the handle.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00USC1VN0/?tag=thshde-20

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  13. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Cant go wrong with Phil at Bullgoose. I have ordered many times

14. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

I agree that most wet shaving vendors really care about their customers and have great customer service. there are artisans that will make custom products for people as well. it seems that since this is a niche market it means a lot to have loyal customers and people will spread the word when vendors/artisans do good business (or if there was any problems.)

15. chrisf8657

chrisf8657 Active Member

I used to like West Coast Shaving Supplies, but their shipping time from same day has slipped to next day. Even if you order before they open...They need to hire more people or increase productivity. Every other shaving place ships same-day if you get your order in before noon to 2 (depends). I switched to Maggard Razors and couldn't be happier. The shipping guy even lets you know what's up, if it's going out today (99.9%) or tommorow and thanks you for your order personally.

Some stuff I order off Amazon and use Same-Day delivery. $7. Costs less than Priority Mail AND I get it today like going to a B&M.