Clubman

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by BigMark, Mar 14, 2015.

1. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

What's the best Master Wellcomb one to try? Thanks.

2. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

Stirling makes a bath soap with his barbershop scent.

3. Paul Turner

OK Chris, thanks. Never heard of Stirling, but....research will solve that :)

4. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

Stirlingsoap.com his shaving and bath soaps are very popular here on the Den. Great customer service and great product.

5. Paul Turner

OK thanks again, see you next time. Boy, that Ben had his way with quotes, didn't he? :)

6. DEfettish

DEfettish Well-Known Member

Agreed!

7. gwsmallwood

gwsmallwood Well-Known Member

I was going to suggest that as well. Stirling is the barbershop I use most for shaving.

8. Zombiefilmfan

Zombiefilmfan Active Member

I guess I am pretty lucky. If I remember correctly, my wife likes every AS I own (8 in total); Clubman being her favorite.

9. Dubs

Dubs Well-Known Member

Scent is definitely a YMMV thing. My favorite Master Scent goes back and forth between Checkered Flag and Lilac Vegetal. I like some other scents. If you are interested in reading more about Master Well Comb, I had posted a review a couple months or so back. Here it is: http://theshaveden.com/forums/threads/new-aftershave-creation.45100/

10. Shavington

Shavington Member

I just purchased my first Clubman AS yesterday and opened it in the truck and fell in love. I splashed some on my 5 o'clock shadow, ran back in the store and bought a second! :happy036::happy093:

Tdmsu and Spyder like this.
  11. GSlim66

GSlim66 Well-Known Member

Found the larger, not the largest bottle of Original in Sally's. Way cheaper than anywhere else. I think I paid $4

Spyder likes this.
  12. Paul Turner

I read where the 12.5 oz is the size used in barber shops.

13. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

I agree with this.

Spyder likes this.
  14. Paul Turner

I'm correcting my own error..the Country Club(16 oz)says on the back "Sold Only In Fine Barbershops"(although I got it from their website).

15. Dzia Dzia

Dzia Dzia Entitled to whine

You should try Florida Water too. It's not a Pinaud product but between FW and Clubman... I have a hard time which one I'm going to wear today.

Shavington likes this.
  16. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

I just picked up some Clubman today and tried it on even though I had already shaved. I am a fan! I like the scent and the way it leaves my skin feeling.
    The drugstore also had Florida Water, but I decided against that one this time. Maybe I'll try that someday.

17. Paul Turner

Glad you liked it, Tdsmu. I have some other Clubman items, but I got most from their website. At the drugstore, there is no shipping charge, as my car is free :). I take it you bought the 6 oz? If so, good one to start out on.

Tdmsu likes this.
  18. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

Yep, they only had the 6oz and styptic pencils. I've seen a better selection at some other local drugstores.

19. Paul Turner

For the Clubman Original, start with the 6 oz.-should be at your local drugstore.

20. Paul Turner

Oh, I believe it'll be around for a while. :).