SoS: August 17, 2015 - August 23, 2015

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by crackstar, Aug 16, 2015.

1. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

08/22/2015
    Razor – Gillette New LC with Triad Helix SS
    Blade – Feather (1)
    Brush – Rubberset 400 with Omega Boar
    Lather – Tiki Cabernet Neroli
    Post - Witch Hazel & Fine L’Orange

[​IMG]

2. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I'll vouch for you!

RaZorBurn123, Llyr, richgem and 3 others like this.
  3. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Yeah ... framed!

[​IMG]

4. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Thanks very much. Lucky to get an early square bottle. That would be a keeper. I really like their A/S. I have about 26 A/S, some are in Old Spice Decanters that I won't use. When the heat cools down with my wife I'll order a few more Fine A/S.

5. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Me also. He was with me. He couldn't have done it. :)

6. ObiDon

ObiDon member in questionable standing

image.jpg Razor: Gillette Slim (k3) 1965 (5) (3) (original case and blade pack with instructions)
    Brush: Erskine Badger 1947 Birth Year
    Mug: Old Spice 1985 Cobalt Blue - Old Spice "Morning Refresher" 1984 -1985 coffee mug
    Cream: TOBS Coconut cream
    Blade: Feather (1)
    Post shave: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel with Aloe Vera, Jack Black balm, TOBS Luxury AS
    Coffee my way. Fresh ground beans Hazelnut creamer and real whipped cream, perfect "Morning Refresher". Whipped up the TOB in a minute with the Erskine Badger. Nice slick cushion and I really like the scent. I really like the slim and next to my FB it is my go to razor. The heavy handle and head gave me a nice smooth shave with no pressure with a Feather blade set on 5. With the slick lather and sharp blade on (3), I can buff the area on the right side of my neck. The Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel with Aloe Vera felt good on my face and that natural scent was nice and fresh. After clean up, I smoothed on some Jack Black, and then some TOBS, and it goes well with the Coconut. Y'all have a good one.

7. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Great looking Old Spice products and razor. What blade pack goes with your Slim?

8. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

Sandalwood Saturday
    I went with Ada's Sandalwood in my teacher mug since my students begin classes Tuesday. I met some of the freshmen yesterday and they seem like a good bunch, but they were still new, so who knows?
    This was a smooth two pass shave for a lazy day. Everything worked great.

Prep: warm shower
    Soap: Ada's Sandalwood
    Brush: HIS
    Razor: '59 Fatboy
    Blade: Voskhod (2)
    AS: Chiseled Face Sherlock
    [​IMG]

9. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Nice combination.

10. Drygulch

Drygulch Snowballs

8/22/15 SOTD
    Two days’ growth
    Prep: Face Wash
    Razor: Ontario Cutlery Co. 5/8 (Muted) Spike Point
    Strop: Drygulch Chromexcel/ Linen
    Soap: Barrister & Mann Seville
    Brush: Omega 1066 Boar
    Post Shave: Cold Water Rinse, Alum Block, Thayer’s Witch Hazel
    Aftershave: Aqua Velva Classic Ice Blue
    IMG_1666.JPG

11. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Great looking setup and gear. Aqua Velva is a classic A/S.

12. ObiDon

image.jpg image.jpg
    Thanks! Good question, on the blade pack. My Gillette Slim is a k3 making it 3rd quarter 1965. 1965 is also the first year for the Gillette Super Stainless blade. So that makes the blades match the razor. To get really accurate you also need a blade pack with the Adjustable Instructions, which this one has, and it's still in the wrapper. This is the way I picked this razor up, and I'm very happy with it.

13. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Thanks for your reply. Outstanding find. I have a Red Tip with the original case, blade pack, and instructions. One of my best buys. I very much like original cases and/ or packaging. Thanks again.
    RedTipwithcase.jpg

Last edited: Aug 22, 2015
  14. ObiDon

That is a beautiful set! Thanks for sharing:eatdrink047:

15. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Thanks, Red Tips are one of if not my favorite razors. I have 3 of them, I haven't used this one yet.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2015
    RaZorBurn123, ram57, ObiDon and 2 others like this.
  16. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

SHAVE OF THE DAY

sotd40.jpg

PREP: MUSGO REAL CLASSIC
    RAZOR: GILLETTE BALL END TECH
    BLADE: LORD PLATINUM (1ST SHAVE)
    BRUSH: EVER READY 600
    SOAP: MUSGO REAL SHAVING SOAP

I HAVE SEEN A LOT OF REVIEWS ON THIS SOAP WHERE PEOPLE WERE SAYING IT DIDN'T MAKE A GOOD LATHER AND WAS A POOR QUALITY SOAP. THEY MUST HAVE REFORMULATED IT BECAUSE IT MADE A RICH LATHER WITH NO PROBLEM AND I AM VERY IMPRESSED WITH IT. I WILL HAVE TO WAIT AND SEE, BUT THIS SOAP HAD INCREDIBLE PERFORMANCE AND I AM GLAD I DECIDED TO GIVE IT A TRY DESPITE THE NEGATIVE REVIEWS. IT PRODUCED A SLICKER AND MORE DENSE LATHER THAN THE CREAM (WHICH IS ALSO VERY GOOD) AND HAS THE SAME GREAT SCENT. OVERALL, THIS WAS A GREAT SHAVING EXPERIENCE AND I WISH YOU ALL THE SAME!

17. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Good review. Happy you had a great shave.

18. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

Thanks Doug. I was Leary of getting the soap due to all the bad reviews, but I like a challenge. The surprising part was that there was no challenge, it was as easy to lather as any other soap.

RaZorBurn123, ram57, clint64 and 4 others like this.
  19. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Therefore YMMV. :)
    Soaps are very different for everyone.

20. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Razor: Gillette Fat Boy (1961)(7)
    Blade: Gillette Platinum (6)
    Brush: Fendrihen Silver Tip Badger Black Faux Ebony Handle 22/49
    Soap: Synergy Shaving Soap Bay Rum
    A/S: Captain's Choice Bay Rum

Another excellent shave this evening with FB setting and brush. My wife isn't a big fan of Bay Rum, but I love it. Great smell and a excellent lather from the Synergy Shaving Soap. Wish the container was deeper as I get soap all over the bathroom when lathering. Not a big deal. The Captain's Choice in a glass bottle is outstanding.
    8 22 15.jpg