Shave at night vs morning

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by 90quattrcoupe, Aug 27, 2015.

1. 90quattrcoupe

90quattrcoupe Well-Known Member

Just wondering what people prefer. I shave at night. I got used to this when I first started in construction 50 years ago. I found that if I shaved in the morning, sweat from working would burn. So I always shaved at night.

Besides, I was not married and it seemed more important to have a smooth face for the girl in my life, vs who cared what the guys on the construction site thought.

Greg W.

Spud and Rufus T. like this.
  2. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

I'm retired, so I shave when I feel like it, or as the need arises. I don't normally shave everyday but I shaved last night because I wanted to, and I'll shave again today because I'm meeting friends for trivia night this evening.

Dzia Dzia, Rufus T. and dscaver like this.
  3. Drygulch

Drygulch Snowballs

I shave in the mornings for work, (office job) during the week, and at night prior to going out with my wife on the weekends.

Rufus T. likes this.
  4. Norseman

Norseman misunderstood Dark Lord of the Sith

It depends.
    I shave mostly at nights, but I sometimes postpone it until morning. It all depends on my schedule.

Rufus T. likes this.
  5. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Morning shaver here. The thought of what I'm going to use helps to get me out of bed.

Spud likes this.
  6. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

The morning shower and shave helps me wake up and get my day started off on the right foot.

As opposed to the left foot, which doesn't make any sense at all.

7. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    +1

Rufus T. likes this.
  8. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

I shave after dinner, unless we are going out. Then I shave before we leave. I leave early in the morning and I fine it's just to rushed.

Rufus T. likes this.
  9. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

Like most working guys (congrats on your early retirement!!! @cmorris357 ) I'm a morning shaver during the work week and afternoons / evening for social events on weekends.

Though having worked for awhile in physical occupations, I absolutely agree with Greg W. on the sweat / burn part. :angry021:

90quattrcoupe and Douglas Carey like this.
  10. DDuckyMark

DDuckyMark Ducky Duck and the Hiding Bunch

I work overnight so I shave at night but its like a morning shave because I do it before work.

Douglas Carey likes this.
  11. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    I have to wear a respirator at my job, so I usually shave at night. Today was an exception.

"Night" being a relative term. I usually shave between 3 and 4 a.m. before I go to bed.

12. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

Mornings before work and I perspire during the day. I gotta start the day BBS.

13. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

I tend to shave at night or evening time so if I have any irritation my face wont be red during the day.

Spud and Douglas Carey like this.
  14. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Most of the time I prefer to shave in the evening.
    As my day tends to start quite early sometimes, I enjoy a relaxed, unhurried shave the previous night provides.

15. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

+2

16. ARGH

ARGH Well-Known Member

Morning. About 4:30 am. House is quiet. Everyone is asleep. Very relaxing way to start the hectic day.

Spud likes this.
  17. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

I prefer to shave at night as I find the feeling of going to bed smooth and fresh so good but being a pharmacist in a hospital, I usually shave in the morning. I only shave every second day.

18. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

90% of the time I shave later in the evening, before bed. I get such close shaves that my 5 o'clock shadow shows up 12 hours later than it used to:). The other 10% I shave in the morning, usually for important meetings or VIP's at work.

Spud likes this.
  19. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Evening for me.

20. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    When I was still working, I would shave in the evening to save time in the morning. Now that I am retired, it is the first thing I do in the morning.