Shave at night vs morning

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by 90quattrcoupe, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    That's because your facial hair does not grow as fast at night as it does during the day.

Norcalnewb and Spyder like this.
  2. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

3. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Is this the case? I have observed this myself but was never sure if I just imagined it or not.

4. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    It is the case.

5. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Thank you!

6. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Basically never shave at night...but...will have to tonight. Didn't have time to do it this morning and won't be back home until 10-11pm tonight. Got a day-date tomorrow so I guess I should at least show up clean shaven.

7. Hillbilly79

Hillbilly79 Well-Known Member

I shave at night mostly. I have more time, and I am not rushing through the shave. If I do shave in the morning, it's a 2 pass, and live with what I get.

8. 90quattrcoupe

90quattrcoupe Well-Known Member

Maybe I should have made this a poll post. That way I could have seen which way most people shaved. Oh, well maybe next time.

Greg W.

9. DaveTheWave81

DaveTheWave81 Member

Me at night except weekends before I go out. I get up early weekdays and not much of a morning person.

10. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

I like to shave in the morning but I shave in the evenings, due to me getting up at 4am ish, and Im kinda used to it now.

11. RezDog

RezDog Well-Known Member

Almost always a night shaver. There are times when I shave in the morning but it is rare. I am clean shaven enough that no one will ever notice for the work day. I get to lounge in the morning. I go to bed clean and fresh, the wife likes that part too.

12. radmit

radmit Well-Known Member

My dad always said "never leave the house unshaven, no matter where you're going". So I've always shaved in the morning.

Being a Business Development Manager and a course, thick stubble I have to shave in the morning. And I love it.