How's your day? September 2015

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by RaZorBurn123, Sep 1, 2015.

1. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Can you believe it's September? 114 days until :santa

Norcalnewb and macaronus like this.
  2. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

Last day of my vacation. I had a great time with my wife and daughter but I'm ready to get back to work. Just going to iron shirts and pants today. Can't wait to try my Cella soap tonight for the first time!

3. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

I say a Christmas tree in a store window last week. Very depressing!

mrchick and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  4. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

Today marks my fiftieth circuit around Sol. AARP is already bothering me for money.

Sigh

5. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

Happy birthday. I will be joining you on that exact journey in November.

6. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

happy birthday, did the big 50 bother you?
    it hit me a little, that was a couple years back.

7. RaZorBurn123

:greet002: Yeah I got newsletter and travel bag with my membership! Welcome to the club.

mrchick likes this.
  8. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Today I made some labels for the jars of blackberry jam I made on Saturday. I named them after my Granddad, who made enough blackberry jam each year to feed the whole family for a year and then some. His surname was Den Exter, which translates as The Magpie. ;) I picked the berries (1 kg / 2 lbs) last friday and I guess I'll pick some more this week for some extra jam. Perhaps I'll try to pick some sea-buckthorn berries as well. They all grow about three miles away from my home, so I guess I'll take Su-----Per Grover (blue Honda Super Cub rip-off) to get there.

My son asked: "Are you turning into Granddad?" (in fact his great-granddad). :D

Maybe I am. I would be proud to. :cool:

ye olde magpie.jpg

9. RaZorBurn123

My wife is out of town for the next week. :( Tomorrow I'm calling in sick *cough* because my youngest son doesn't have a babysitter for my 2 year old grandson and 1 year old granddaughter. Yup. Ill have a blast playing cars, watching Barney, making breakfast and lunch and looking forward to nap time.

10. rmcintyre84

rmcintyre84 Got out of the kitchen

You could have put a jar of that in the box with The Sledgehammer....

11. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

You haven't tasted it yet...
    minion jelly 3k.gif

12. Slow Joe

Slow Joe Relishing his obsession

Only 114 days left. The lid inside me is ecstatic but thinking 114 days is too long. The adult in me is thinking, not a lot of pay days left.

13. Slow Joe

Slow Joe Relishing his obsession

Daughter was sick today. When I say sick I mean she's absolutely fine except for the fact she has a temperature. She has a lot of energy. I went to get a cup of coffee came back and she had turned the entire living room into an assault course. That was a new one and she's only 3 years old . I spent the day trying to get her to conserve energy and let her body heal. We had a nice time. We always do. Would have been better if I had slept the night before and wasn't so tired.

14. rmcintyre84

rmcintyre84 Got out of the kitchen

We'll miss Christmas with our fa miles this year. We're over 400 miles away, and as a pastor, I have to be here for the Christmas Eve service. Our niece is getting married New Years Eve, which is affecting when we can take time off.

Slow Joe, macaronus and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  15. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Atta Boy, Gramps! Staying home with your Grandkids is really rewarding. You'll remember it for a long time. I hope they take it easy on you.

16. RaZorBurn123

I'm sorry to hear that, but look at all of the families you will touch on Chirstmas Eve.

17. RaZorBurn123

I'll be going to bed early tonight. It's so much fun! My granddaughter is starting to walk now and I love it.

Fred Hill, Slow Joe, mrchick and 2 others like this.
  18. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

My daughter is three and a half. Where she gets her energy I don't know but sometimes it's all I can do to keep up with her.

Fred Hill, Slow Joe and mrchick like this.
  19. Intrigued

Intrigued Active Member

Years ago at a family Christmas, my brother-in-law came up with the answer to the eternal question, "Where do kids get all their energy from?". According to him, they drain it off the nearest adult. [​IMG]

Fred Hill, Slow Joe, mrchick and 4 others like this.
  20. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

They have all the energy that an adult has! The have it spread generally over a much smaller body, and some of them take naps, so they have a far greater energy per pound ratio then adults do!

Last edited: Sep 6, 2015