How's your day? September 2015

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by RaZorBurn123, Sep 1, 2015.

1. Intrigued

Intrigued Active Member

[​IMG] Na... That doesn't explain as well how the more energetic they get, the more tired the adults in their vicinity become. [​IMG]

Slow Joe, Spud and mrchick like this.
  2. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

You waste and expend your energy over a larger surface quicker than the little ones do. They draw you out and make you follow them even when you are still! Totally involuntary on your part! :happy097:

Slow Joe, Spud, mrchick and 1 other person like this.
  3. Dzia Dzia

Dzia Dzia Entitled to whine

It doesn't stop. Have a HAPPY Birthday.

Intrigued likes this.
  4. Dzia Dzia

Dzia Dzia Entitled to whine

I remember when my now 4½ year old grandson started walking. It was Super Bowl Sunday at our house. I was the only one watching him pull himself up at the coffee table and proceed to walk around the house. I followed him. We were on the second lap when every one else began to notice. One of my all time fondest memories.

5. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

Today was the first day of grade 2 for my oldest, and kindergarten for my 5 year old. Man how time shoots by!

They had a blast, though my oldest grew some nasty attitude while at school...I put a stop to that soon enough though. (Much to her dismay)

Other than that my wife got into a huge craft sale next month. There will be about 50,000 going past her table. She's excited and turned into a full time quilter. She's taking advantage of me watching the kids while I'm home.

6. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Happy birthday. My wife completed her 54th circuit todsy

7. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

And if she knew you posted that this would be your last circuit. :ahem:

Slow Joe, richgem, Intrigued and 2 others like this.
  8. mrchick

It would

RaZorBurn123 and cmorris357 like this.
  9. KLF

KLF Doctorin

I took a strode yesterday in Tel Aviv's flee-market looking for something interesting....Found an Amcor-Pleese safety-razor dated "Palestine 1945" in very good condition, however the seller wanted an insane price so I didn't bought it. Well, I guess he can keep for another 70 years...

10. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Happy birthday!

11. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

I just came into work after taking my 4 year old in for a crown. He already has more crowns than his old man, and it wasn't a good experience. I just checked with my wife and he is still falling off the couch due to the sedation. Looks like I'll have to take over brushing his teeth for a while.

RaZorBurn123 and Spud like this.
  12. lradke

Well I'm proud of my purchase yesterday (Nikon 35mm DX lens). The new lens is actually better than I thought and I am excited to take it out for some real pics. I did a quick comparison to my 18-55mm kit lens and the results are in! I took a portrait of my daughter with my 35mm and one with my kit lens set at 35mm. The new lens is on the left and the old on the right. As you can see the colors are overall much better with my new lens, and note the flash did NOT fire when using my 35mm. Whereas the portrait with the kit lens, the flash did fire and the colors are not nearly as vibrant (both lenses were set to auto and it is good to note the 35mm has a max aperture of 1.8 and the kit lens has a max aperture of 3.5-5.6). I zoomed in on her eye to compare detail; The 35mm blows the kit lens away here. The crazy thing too is that the 35mm doesn't have image stabilization built into it, and the kit lens does. So yeah...I am super excited!

BeFunky Collage2 new.jpg

13. mrchick

Wow, that is quite a difference. Nice lens.

KLF, RaZorBurn123 and lradke like this.
  14. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Excellent!
    I guess part of the difference lies in the fact that a zoom lens has more optical elements (lenses) which

a) cause loss of light
    2) cause loss of sharpness

On the other hand, the zoom lens has... wait for it... zoom! ;)

Your daughter looks like a lovely gal! You will have to chase the boys from the front porch in a few years!

Norseman, KLF, RaZorBurn123 and 3 others like this.
  15. Slow Joe

Slow Joe Relishing his obsession

I know the feeling.
    Boundless energy and totally fearless.
    Her favourite phrase seems to be "No Daddy it's not dangerous.... (proceeds to do what I've told her not to because it's dangerous) See Daddy.

RaZorBurn123, Spud and mrchick like this.
  16. Slow Joe

Slow Joe Relishing his obsession

This is true. Also children are totally mindful, their attention completely focused at the task in hand. The idea of pacing themselves is an alien and futile concept to them. That's part of their charm.

RaZorBurn123, Spud and mrchick like this.
  17. lradke

Oh I know, I'll be chasing boys away for years!

Yeah the bonus of the prime lens is that the manufacturer only has to worry about the 35mm (in this case). So I imagine it is much easier to perfect while keeping costs down.

macaronus and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  18. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I am wiped OUT! 7 hours of watching my two grandkids darn near killed me. Wow! I need a nap. The only problem is my daughter in law told me she'll be back with them at 5:30pm because she has a night class. :eek: I didn't get the memo.
    I literally held my 1 year old granddaughter for the entire time, my left arm is dead. Now I'm off to make chicken and whatever else I can muster up. :pot: I am getting old...

Slow Joe, clint64, Norseman and 7 others like this.
  19. lradke

Nice! My favorite trick to hold babies is to do it sitting down and having the arm (doing the holding) rest on the arm rest. That being said...it only works when its the one kid. :(

Slow Joe and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  20. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I did that about 95% of the time, I did bounce her gently using my left arm (I'm a lefty) and I'm feeling it now. I'll put some ointment on my arm before bed. My goodness I sound like my dad. :eek: :scared011:

Slow Joe, clint64, Spud and 3 others like this.