How's your day? September 2015

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by RaZorBurn123, Sep 1, 2015.

1. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

Yes, I often find myself wandering through the house yelling "Who left this light on?" Just like my dad did.

clint64, lradke and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  2. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

I'm with you. Just print off a few of these.
    image.jpg

3. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

Ha ha ha! Love it!

Slow Joe and cmorris357 like this.
  4. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Fantastic! I copied this and will text to my daughter and any and all breathing warm blooded males that have ever thought about it. Ever.

Slow Joe, lradke, KLF and 2 others like this.
  5. KLF

KLF Doctorin

Very good photos ! I never knew lens make such a big difference, I always thought its only the camera itself...I learned something new today.

lradke likes this.
  6. Norseman

Norseman misunderstood Dark Lord of the Sith

Wow, I knew the lens was good, but that it was so much better surprised me. But then again, with such a lovely model, any picture will look good no matter what lens you are using :)
    Have fun, and keep on shooting

lradke and KLF like this.
  7. micah1_8

micah1_8 Poor Heartless Prevert

Well, I survived yesterday. That's something I suppose. Scratched my finger on the job, and it started bleeding...and bleeding...and bleeeeeeeeeding. Literally, a surface scratch, I mean, my cat has clawed me worse than this, it just happened to be in a spot that wouldn't clot for some reason--and the boss saw it. So I had to go through the whole accident report procedure and be shown the "proper" way to carry a computer monitor, yada yada yada. I was already feeling less than confident and the boss decided it was a good day to ride my butt about a project that wasn't going at the speed he'd like it to be moving at, despite the fact that we've consistently been down a man for the last 2 weeks.
    Then, this morning I just realized I've been posting in the wrong thread as usual.
    This weekend is Comic-con... ProfSaffel is going as t-shirt Tony Stark, and I'll be reprising my cosplay as Obadiah Stane, so we ought to make a neat photo op.

8. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

9. richgem

And God help the person that even looks at the thermostat! ;)

10. lradke

So not Obadiah The Wonder Racoon from Pith Possum?

[​IMG]

macaronus likes this.
  11. lradke

My dad wouldn't yell that. He'd just walk around to all the rooms and turn off the lights, regardless if someone was in there not. I think the only reason he didn't do that to the bathroom was because the door was locked. :/

macaronus, Slow Joe and cmorris357 like this.
  12. rmcintyre84

rmcintyre84 Got out of the kitchen

My wife picked one of the hottest days of summer to can. We don't have central AC, and not even a window unit in the kitchen. So I worked all afternoon at a table at the Barnes and Noble cafe. I literally couldn't stand the heat, so I got out of the kitchen.

mrchick likes this.
  13. rmcintyre84

rmcintyre84 Got out of the kitchen

We don't have kids, but I have two beautiful college age nieces. The youngest has been dating the same guy for two years. I've not met him, but when we were "introduced" on Facebook I wrote, "I look forward to meeting you in 6-9 months. It's up to the parole board."

burnout961, mrchick, lradke and 3 others like this.
  14. richgem

Wow... lotsa zombie threads around these days.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 5, 2015
  15. richgem

A neighbor just had a bumper crop of tomatoes and last week gave me about a bushel's worth (really) along with a very full bunch of basil. So, I spent the morning making tomato sauce (gravy) and pesto sauce. Meatballs (beef & sweet sausage mix) will wait until tomorrow. Meanwhile, I have discovered the second most delicious sandwich ever: The BPT (bacon, pesto, & tomato).

I toasted some nice crusty chibata bread, micro'd the bacon, and then realized I didn't have any lettuce and either way, I wanted to avoid the mayo of the traditional BLT. So, inspiration struck and I drizzled the bacon-tomato stack with a little pesto sauce. :drool:

(the first most delicious sandwich ever, btw, is the Vietnamese beef Bahn Mi.)

Last edited: Sep 5, 2015
  16. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Just finished a six and a half mile mountain hike with my wife and another couple. It was beautiful. It was the prescription for what I needed.

17. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Today was 26 miles on the American River Bike Trail, with a breakfast stop at 12 miles. It was beautiful morning for a ride

18. richgem

Um... I think you're doing it wrong...

[​IMG]

19. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

I just got back from a Sunday lunch date with my middle daughter. I am trying to spend some alone time with each of my kids this weekend, and my daughter and I just had a great time. What way to spend a Sunday afternoon!

20. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

Took some stuff to my daughter at Sam Houston State, then checked out a couple of antique stores in Huntsville, TX. I bought 3 estate pipes. One place had two Fatboys, an E2 and an E4, for $19 each. The E4 had a wobbly door, but the E2 would have cleaned up nicely. I already have a Fatboy, so I passed.

Slow Joe, richgem and RaZorBurn123 like this.