What are you waiting on to arrive...?

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by Darkbulb, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

$10 later and one Tally-Ho jar incoming. Milk glass bottom. Unknown date.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. DDuckyMark

DDuckyMark Ducky Duck and the Hiding Bunch

Looks like it would be loud. all those hollow spaces for sound to echo about. If you could, please give us a review of this thing once you try it. that looks like quite a bit of blade exposure, keep blood clotting aides nearby. Be safe and have fun.

mrchick, PLANofMAN and Billyfergie like this.
  3. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Will do.
    The seller, who happens to be in the same city as me, had this to say about how the razor shaves:
    • My Shave Review: Inserting a Feather blade was easy; the tabs at the end of the blade fit perfectly in the razor gaps at both ends of the underside of the top-cap holding the blade securely in place. As I closed the handle arms the blade arced into position pressured against the underside of the top-cap and the top surface of the comb teeth. Pinching the base of the handle clicks the razor closed creating a stable unit with no flex nor wobble. Blade gap is generous as is blade exposure, suggesting an aggressive shave. Yet, I was surprised at just how much adjusting the angle of the razor allowed me to adjust the mild to aggressive nature of this razor; it was actually more akin to a straight razor shave. The hollow design delivers a particularly light weight razor making a no-pressure shave almost intuitive, and rinsing lighting fast. The razor delivered a very efficient baby-butt-smooth two pass shave; with-the-grain and against-the-grain, with little to no irritation whatsoever. Definitely a razor that is very capable, that distinctly differentiates itself amongst others, and that far exceeded my profoundly humble expectations.
    • Online Shave Review: I've had the opportunity to shave with it several times now. I like it. The only bad thing I can say about it is that it is rather light. It does have a nice wide gap and a thin cap. This makes it as aggressive as you want it to be. I love using a shallow angle and this works well for that. It is by far the easiest rinsing razor I have, as there is no bottom plate at all. I just hold it upside down under a stream of water and it shoots lather and hair back out the guard.

mrchick, PLANofMAN and Billyfergie like this.
  4. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

Hard to say Sir....These normally come up as a buy it now at higher prices....That one is from the same source I got mine and I got mine for $34.00....That's a fair price for these as they usually go for a lot more than that....The one I got is for a friend and is in Mint condition.....Collectors can push the prices up...;)

Billy....:chores016:

mrchick likes this.
  5. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

True.

Billyfergie and Darkbulb like this.
  6. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Late last night I ordered a jar of Tallow shaving soap (Vetiver) my first Vetiver soap! From Gingers Garden. When I woke up I received the shipping notification. Top rate customer service!

7. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I bit the bullet today. I ordered 5 Ted Pella 20 blade Injector dispensers (100 blades). Total cost with shipping: $32.20. So 32.2 cents a blade. That is respectable, and I will be set for life...
    Injector Style Stainless Steel, PTFE-Coated Blades
    [​IMG]

Spud, Boojum1, Dzia Dzia and 3 others like this.
  8. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I did it again - another order from Italian Barber for:

1x Gillette Menthol sc
    1x B&M Artique AS
    1x Krampert's Frostbite SS

Boojum1, Omelmad and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  9. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

I ordered a Parker shavette, should be here Wednesday. I want to experiment with razors but not ready to spend a lot of money until I can be sure this is something I will like.

Boojum1 and Billyfergie like this.
  10. Chaddy187

Chaddy187 Active Member

My H1 came today. I used it tonite.

Boojum1 likes this.
  11. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    I swear, I am not collecting these...but the eBay seller was practically giving it away. I couldn't pass it up.
    [​IMG]

12. DDuckyMark

That looks amazing.

PLANofMAN and clint64 like this.
  13. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

Nothing shaving related ... but I am waiting for a Waterman Carène in black lacquer and palladium trim, with a Fine nib.

For the uninitiated ;) ... a fountain pen.

PLANofMAN and Spud like this.
  14. DLP

DLP Well-Known Member

Well the brush arrived from Lee. The stones have cleared customs and are in the hands of USPS.

Spud and clint64 like this.
  15. VintageBlade

VintageBlade New Member

2 1946 Aristocrats in cases with blade holders, another 1958 fat boy in case with instructions, and a fourth ranger tech in it's case with instructions.The last ranger tech in it's case was listed as a super speed lol. 28 bucks and it was mine in mint condition. The case was in 90%. It's worth the hunt for deals on the Bay just never get caught in a bidding tornado. ​

Hodge likes this.
  16. Surlyduck

Surlyduck Member

I got some murdder focker in the mail, really interested in that soap since I've been reading up on it. Can't wait till it gets here

Hodge likes this.
  17. DDuckyMark

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_$_3(2).jpg C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_$_3(1).jpg C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_$_3.jpg I won these little while ago. The look rough by I hope time and scrubbing can fix them both up. The c type I cant tell if its safety bar on OC I know the type B is an OC. Now I need more blades. Snagged this at the minimum bid plus free shipping.

18. DDuckyMark

I took the rest of my free to spend money and headed on to whipped dog to get a sight unseen razor, and the poormans strop kit. Much to my surprise I was offered an unseen razor of Larry's in a PM on this forum so I emailed Larry and changed my order. Strop kit, 20mm burgundy handled synthetic brush, and a sample chunk of Mitchells Wool Fat. Thank you so much for offering to send me a razor. I won't tag your name in case you wish to remain Anonymous. I'm so excited I get to try a modern synthetic brush, 2 examples of shaving inventiveness beyond its time, I get a real straight razor again and I get to try MWF!

I also picked up a dusty bottle of Clubman at the grocery today so All I need now is more injector blades.

Hodge, PLANofMAN, Boojum1 and 3 others like this.
  19. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Another great deal from Connaught.
    Got these two 150gr bath soaps for $10 including shipping.
    Cheapest I could find anywhere else was $12 per soap..so for me it was a 50%+ discount.

[​IMG]

20. Chuck F

Chuck F Cheesy! Big Curd style

I've been enjoying my Model I injector so much I picked up a Model G, one with a turquoise handle. Should be here tomorrow.

Also a lightly used tub of LA Shaving Soap Topanga Fougere.

And a bunch of Barrister & Mann stuff: Latha Sandalwood soap, which is supposed to be a sandalwood and blackcurrant scent; Cologne Russe soap and aftershave; and a tub of Vetyver Santal soap, to replace one that I have just about used up.