How to menthol bomb a solid soap?

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Salty Belle, Sep 28, 2015.

1. Salty Belle

Salty Belle Well-Known Member

Can someone "splain" to me how to bomb a solid shaving soap? After months of heckling the Hubby to try wet shaving (he's a die hard electric razor guy) I finally got him to try it...hey I needed a tester!

He really likes it and now wants to try a menthol soap. I haven't made any yet so I suggested "bombing" it. He's been face lathering. Do you just add a few drops of a menthol solution to the top of the soap before lathering?

mrchick likes this.
  2. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Thats what I do.
    First, I'll add a bit of water to the puck (depending upon the hardness of the soap) and let it soak 8-10 minutes. Then add several (3 is plenty) drops of menthol (M-bomb from TSD)
    I face-lather almost exclusively (at least until the winter when the scuttles make their appearance) so I spend a little extra time mixing the damp puck to ensure I've distributed the menthol well into the lather and the brush is loaded. If it's not throughly mixed, one can get an intense menthol burn (!)—guess how I know this?
    …and face-lather as usual.
    I've done this process with a number of soap with success.

3. Salty Belle

Salty Belle Well-Known Member

Thanks HR!

Omelmad likes this.
  4. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

that's what I do also, cept I only use two drops.

Omelmad likes this.
  5. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

I do the same thing as HR. But if I'm using a bowl to lather I put the M-Bomb In the bowl and lather up.

6. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

I don't bomb anything in my den. I try my best to shave peacefully.

Petty3347 likes this.
  7. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

<Rim-shot>
    :ahem:

wristwatchb likes this.