The Shave Den Shop, still open?

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by DaveTheWave81, Oct 3, 2015.

1. DaveTheWave81

DaveTheWave81 Member

A partner and I learned the same lesson about 25 years ago by starting a side business on the weekends building wood decks. At first things were manageable but any time there was a problem on one job, a rain delay the next weekend, etc., soon we had people's orders backed up three weeks or more and very soon after they cancelled their contracts and called others who were able to start their project within a week.

2. Joef

Joef Well-Known Member

Chalk it up as growing pains. I'll still order from her. Every small business encounters a few bumps in the road. I'm sure she'll be back on track in no time.

swarden43 likes this.
  3. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

True, and it does say makes the products to order. So she has info about that

4. wmbjr

wmbjr Duck, duck, cooked goose!

I will say supporting this site is the most important reason for me to shop at TSD. You can definitely shop elsewhere if you choose, I recommend at least choosing one of the vendors that sponsor this site. I do not think many of the items we purchase from TSD or anywhere are emergency immediate need items. Sure it is nice to get that soap, cream, brush, etc ASAP, but it is just convenience items at most. It is not stuff we have to have like medicine or sustenance.

Joanna does a great job with her products. They are worth a month wait if it is necessary. Personally I am thrilled she has so many orders because that means money coming in to keep this site going, and I love being able to come here and share about shaving. Glad your items ordered and shipped. I am certain you will love them as much as the rest of us love our stuff from the TSD shop!

Spyder, Rufus T., clint64 and 3 others like this.
  5. Omelmad

JoAnna doesnt Make a profit for her own, all the "revenues" go to Making this forum stay up.

Your side business was for your own benefit, JoAnna is doing this for us all.

6. Joef

Joef Well-Known Member

Agreed! I'm a newbie, and if it weren't for this site, I'd still be in the dark on a lot of things I've learned in such a short time.....

7. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

The problem is not waiting, neccesarily. The problem is no communication in advance that that's what to expect. I can wait 2 months for an item, if only I know it beforehand. But if it's not mentioned, I'm expecting what every other shop would deliver for shipping times.

clint64 likes this.
  8. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Hopefully its net profit going back into the business and not revenue :)

9. Omelmad

You know what I mean hahaha

10. Omelmad

[​IMG]
    Soap

[​IMG]
    Shave stick

[​IMG]
    Aftershave milk

Just saying............ Should I continue?

crackstar and tuxxdk like this.
  11. tuxxdk

Let me clarify - I have nothing against TheShaveDen shop or the good people behind it. But no matter the good intentions behind the shop and the reasons for delayed orders, it's very very vital for the shop to be upfront with peoples expectations. You cannot fault a person that does not know what the shop is and why it might take long for orders to be delivered for thinking he/she has been hoaxed.

Communication is king!

12. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

Apparently people are waiting longer than we thought. :sick013:

barbersurgeon and Rufus T. like this.
  13. tuxxdk

OMG, sorry, I will correct it!

Omelmad likes this.
  14. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Please go to the General forum and read the first post of What You May Not Know About the Shave Den.

Bama Samurai, Rufus T. and Omelmad like this.
  15. tuxxdk

If that info has been there all the time, then I think it's all fair by the shop. The customer knows what to expect.

I only looked at the frontpage, so my posts may/may not be moot-points.

Omelmad likes this.
  16. Omelmad

Hahaha

tuxxdk likes this.
  17. Omelmad

It actually has =)

tuxxdk and swarden43 like this.
  18. tuxxdk

Then by all means, it cannot come as a surprise to customers what to expect. Well done by TheShaveDen shop :)

Omelmad and Joef like this.
  19. Omelmad

Word =P

20. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

My comment was lighthearted stab at Omar and the concept of profit vs revenue and not so much about how any TSD shop generated profit is used. I guess that wasn't clear.