The Shave Den Shop, still open?

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by DaveTheWave81, Oct 3, 2015.

1. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Amen to that!! :happy088: Well put.

Bama Samurai likes this.
  2. DaveTheWave81

DaveTheWave81 Member

No big deal and mystery solved although I don't remember seeing anything in big bold red letters advising such a delay when I placed my order. Not saying it wasn't there, I just didn't see it. I found what I wanted, added it to my cart and paid. It's like those user and privacy agreements we click and accept in an instant versus reading a long document written for someone with a law degree.
    After two weeks I just thought it best to check on things and didn't get a reply until three days later. Thanks for everyone's help and input :thanks:

3. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

What is The Shave Den Store? In a word, JoAnna, or as she may be better known to many of you the Queen of Blades. You see, the TSD store is a one person operation, from time an order is placed until the time the order is shipped, it is that one lady that does it all. She custom makes soaps, creams, aftershave splashes, and aftershave milks to order, stocks and pulls items for orders, boxes and ships those orders all by herself. Not that that isn’t enough to keep her plate full, but she also oversees much of the running of the forums on a day to day basis. Sure she and Sparky have help from us mods, but there is very little that lady doesn't have a hand in when it comes to the smooth running of this board.

Now here is the real kicker, she does it for free! That's right, free!When I said earlier that all proceeds from the store go toward paying the fees to keep The Shave Den up and running I meant it. JoAnna does all of that hard work solely to keep this board running, without drawing any pay for her efforts. Even when making her own custom shave goodies, the only reward she gets is knowing that the forums are running, and when somebody thanks her for making the outstanding products that she makes. And trust me folks, I know for a fact that the lady puts in many, many a long hours on a daily basis for this place.

Bama Samurai, Rufus T., Joef and 5 others like this.
  4. dscaver

dscaver Well-Known Member

I think you are making a big deal out of a couple of days.

Dave

Omaney and Bama Samurai like this.
  5. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

I haven't made a deal out of anything. You may be mistaken me for OP.

Bama Samurai likes this.
  6. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Alright, guys. No need to get worked up defending me. :o

Processing times for orders are listed on product pages, and in order confirmation emails. Plenty of folks still miss the message. Not a big deal, IMO.

For any new folks, there are lots of reasons for the long processing times; my own health (28 yrs of diabetes), my 11 yr old daughter's health (Cerebral Palsy), normal day to day housekeeping (cook, clean, repeat), tending to TSD (thankfully I do have excellent moderators to handle so much), and then of course all the store details (which is far more than throwing some soap in a tub and shipping it).
    For orders I have a due date for each one; 10 business days (Monday - Friday; 9 - 5 EST) for any order containing made to order TSD products.
    If you email me on a Friday night after 5, you probably won't here from me before Monday.

Spyder, Bama Samurai, tuxxdk and 9 others like this.
  7. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

I can be impatient with things sometimes, but I have to say that the TSD soap is indeed worth the wait. Makes a great slick lather and there is a pretty long scent list to choose from. Great soap and at a great price, I wouldn't keep it in my den if I didn't like it and I feel it has earned its spot on the top shelf.

Queen of Blades, Joef and Rufus T. like this.
  8. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

I believe you've forgotten your most important job: assigning custom titles. :innocent

9. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

It might be a good idea to say "up to 3 weeks" on the website. If folks get the soap sooner, then they will be stoked. If not, then they will still be chilled. Personally, I figure around 6-8 weeks for anything I order is fine, but then again I am old school. IMHO, quality is worth the wait.

Bama Samurai, Omelmad, tuxxdk and 2 others like this.
  10. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Of course, if waiting is hard... Donating provides instant gratification! Worth a mention....

11. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

We love what you do.

Queen of Blades, mrchick and Joef like this.
  12. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

:signs011:

13. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

'Please allow 6-8 weeks for delivery' was once the mail-order norm.
    However with the advent of overnight shipping, express mail, and quick-shipping vendors such as Amazon, our expectations have grown to the point where our patience beyond a 3-5 day turnaround is severely tested. ;)

mrchick, clint64 and Spyder like this.
  14. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Ours has turned to a society of instant gratification.

Spyder and Joef like this.
  15. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Jeez…took you long enough to reply to my posting (15 minutes!!!)….:D:D:D

mrchick and swarden43 like this.
  16. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

Many thanks to some of the TSD veterans i.e. @swarden43 @RaZorBurn123 @HolyRollah etc for their reminders / education throughout this thread regarding what / who is the TSD Shop and the integral part it plays for TSD and the job Joanna does with it.

I came to TSD to learn about wetshaving. I stay here because I have not just found the necessary advice, but because of the community of people who share the same interest and pay it forward to grow the community.

I also learned that this does not come without financial cost. And it's apparent the TSD store plays a vital role.

Others point out that in this age of instant shopping, we should be content to order items and not get them instantly. I'd be of the opinion that where businesses compete, they must compete within the context of their market. In many instances, delivery of product is part of that. However those are businesses. TSD is not a business, but a community as mentioned that obtains some funding for our community's existence through the shop.

In that circumstance - it's no trouble for me to plan ahead, make the order and happily await it's arrival knowing that I've made just a small contribution to my community.

...just my two cents, thank you neighbors!
    :happy088:

Last edited: Oct 5, 2015
  17. richgem

He could have at least mentioned a 6 - 8 wk turn around time. :D Or, did he charge you extra for an expedited reply?

swarden43 likes this.
  18. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

If she wants to change yours, I'm sure she'll get a plethora of helpful suggestions. :)

richgem likes this.
  19. richgem

Many of them coming from me. Let's hope that reverse psychology works: I love my CT and want to keep it.