L'Occitober?

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by feeltheburn, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

I plan on getting back to L'Occitane on Weds. Ive been waiting for a shipment from L'Occitane which should have been here already:(:(

feeltheburn likes this.
  2. TheFiveO

TheFiveO Well-Known Member

You know....the French are always fashionably late! :p

feeltheburn and Hodge like this.
  3. feeltheburn

feeltheburn Well-Known Member

Another great L'Occitober shave! I've been using the long-comb NEW the past few days and a little Clubman for the after party.
    DSC_0161.JPG

Bill_F, tuxxdk and Hodge like this.
  4. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Here's my L'Occitane Weds line up. This stuff might be pricey but it's worth it IMO
    [​IMG]

Bill_F and feeltheburn like this.
  5. feeltheburn

Same setup as yesterday. And another great l'Occitober shave!
    DSC_0202.JPG

Bill_F likes this.
  6. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    I will be finishing tomorrow's shave with L'Occitane Vetyver EdT. I think this is my favorite L'Occitane fragrance.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2015
    Bill_F and feeltheburn like this.
  7. feeltheburn

After trying the soap, I can't wait to try some of their other stuff. Those EdT's look promising too.

8. TheFiveO

You owe it to yourself to try them. They are all first rate.

9. TheFiveO

Looks like someone is serious about this challenge! How is the cream in a jar?

10. theFAT98

theFAT98 Well-Known Member

Just picked up cade and the bowl yesterday. Look foward to using it.

feeltheburn likes this.
  11. feeltheburn

I don't think you'll be disappointed. I'm a little surprised how good Cade soap is.

theFAT98 likes this.
  12. theFAT98

theFAT98 Well-Known Member

You guys reviews of it made me get it. Couldnt pass it up any longer.

13. pvtbanks

pvtbanks Corners First

What kind of razor is that!!

14. feeltheburn

It's a Merkur Futur. Great shaver!

pvtbanks likes this.
  15. pvtbanks

pvtbanks Corners First

That thing is awesome

feeltheburn likes this.
  16. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

I like it a lot. It does seem luxurious if that makes sense. It is thick and creamy and is strongly scented.

17. feeltheburn

Day 11 of l'Occitober! Cade is becoming one of my favorites very quickly. Every single shave with it so far has been great.
    DSC_0239.jpg

Hodge and Omelmad like this.
  18. Jasio78

Jasio78 Well-Known Member

Love the loccitane everything. The shave cream is one of my all time favourites. The plisson brush is the only thing I've used in months. The a/s balm is as good as any. But the bath soap. I think it's a milk soap (( Savon au lait) that is guess work, I'm no French expert but think that's what it said) is the finest scent I have ever used.

feeltheburn likes this.
  19. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Their soaps are awesome. Verbena is my favorite of the ones Ive tried. I have a small bar of the Milk soap but haven't tried it.

20. TheFiveO

Had a L'Occitane tragedy today.!!!! Actually, the soap was incredible. I am really liking this month long use challenge and finding performance I did not know existed with this soap!
    Anyhow, the tragedy was since I had to work tonight I opted to go with a DE instead of a straight. I shaved in the shower and while putting things away, I knocked my Muhle R41 off the top of the shower. Of course it has a nice heavy Maggards knurled handle which aided in accelerating its gravitational pull and it slammed to the bottom shower pan and snapped in two. The threads underneath the head broke off into the handle! I was able to remove the broken shard from the handle, I hope there is enough thread left to still attach the head, otherwise, as they would say at L'Occitane....C'est la vie