Cigar Box Razor Case and Gillette Red and Black Box Restoration

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by clint64, Oct 17, 2015.

1. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

I went to the flea market this morning in hopes of finding some shave related items. No such luck unfortunately but I did pick up a pretty nice cigar box that I decided to use as a box to store my razors. Went to the craft store and picked up some thick foam and red felt. Cut the foam to fit and then used spray contact adhesive to attach the felt to the foam and then to the bottom of the box. Overall I am pretty pleased with the box.

[​IMG]

Since I had some of the red felt left over, I decided to restore the bottom portion of my Gillette Red and Black box. I love the razor but the inside bottom of the box was pretty bad. I didn't touch the inside top because I wanted to keep what remained for the Gillette Logo.

Before

[​IMG]

After

[​IMG]

Overall, I am pretty pleased with the way both turned out. Just thought I would share.

2. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

Very nice!

Boojum1 and clint64 like this.
  3. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Glad you did. Looks great!!

clint64 likes this.
  4. rmcintyre84

rmcintyre84 Got out of the kitchen

Very nice.

clint64 likes this.
  5. Dzia Dzia

Dzia Dzia Entitled to whine

Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn?:happy102:

clint64 likes this.
  6. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you guys.

So true. I am living proof of that almost daily. :D

Dzia Dzia likes this.
  7. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I was expecting to see the words "Gillette......The Best A Man Can Geeetttt" in there :)

clint64 likes this.
  8. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Nice work! They look great.

clint64 likes this.
  9. Morman Bridge

Morman Bridge Well-Known Member

Good work Clint64! I like what you did there. I've discovered the adhesive spray trick too. Using adhesive spray I've been able to restore numerous cases, even ABC set cases. That stuff is awesome. Glad to see your projects came out so well, sir. Congrats!

clint64 likes this.
  10. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

I love the cigar box recycle idea!

clint64 likes this.
  11. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you. :happy088:

Thank you. I am going to send the razor off for replating and didn't want the case to mess that up.

I like the way it turned out. Since I have the supplies now, I might try to pick up some more cigar boxes.

12. 90quattrcoupe

90quattrcoupe Well-Known Member

I use cigar boxes for drawer dividers in my house and garage. I have over 170 of varies sizes depending upon the length, width and depth of the drawer. They are great for keeping all that loose stuff from moving around the drawers. You can actually find stuff.

Greg W.

clint64 likes this.