How's Your Day? October 2015

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by richgem, Sep 30, 2015.

1. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

Waiting at Discount Tire for a flat repair. At least I'm not at the fabric store with the wife!

macaronus, Boojum1 and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  2. micah1_8

micah1_8 Poor Heartless Prevert

Then realize asparagus is the Richard Simmons of vegetables, chuck it in the bin, and open a can of baked beans instead.

macaronus likes this.
  3. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

To me, the key to asparagus is to fill up the plate with other items, then if you get asked say "sorry, didn't have room on my plate"

RaZorBurn123, richgem and Etoyoc like this.
  4. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

Woke up this morning with a migraine. No work, day ruined... ugh. Frustrating.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  5. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Nope... nothing that could be taken the wrong way at all. Down to two hot blondes... oh wait.. make that one. Darn.. Gonna have to make another trip to St. Louis and hope brother has made another batch...

macaronus and richgem like this.
  6. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

just dropped our old pop-up camper (AKA, a pain in the bottom thing to use and/or move) at a scrap dealer. Woo hoo! $29 I am rich. I can afford to put some gas in the car!

macaronus, RaZorBurn123 and Erik Redd like this.
  7. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

Or buy a few more hot blondes....

macaronus and richgem like this.
  8. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

If I didn't have to drive to St. Louis to get it, that would be a good plan.

9. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

26 years ago today at 5:04 pm PST a 6.9 earthquake hit the entire Bay Area known as the Loma Prieta earthquake. I was sitting down with a cold adult beverage getting ready to watch the World Series.
    I had been through earthquakes before, but nothing like Loma Prieta. Nothing even close. Although it only lasted for about 15 seconds it seemed like an eternity. Be prepared.

10. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Hard to believe it has been 26 years already. . But I was in high school at the time and that was centuries ago..

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  11. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

For sure... look, we found your study hall picture

upload_2015-10-17_19-23-14.jpeg

12. RaZorBurn123

It does seem like yesterday, Time sure does fly.

13. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

You should have seen what it took to write a lab report or research paper!

richgem likes this.
  14. Erik Redd

He must have been using the MEM Olive shave cream at the time, due to the olive shave area tint.

15. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Nahh... I wasn't using good stuff back then. That is just skin reaction to goo in a can.

Erik Redd likes this.
  16. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

I remember it well. I was a single 24 year old, living in my parents old house. ( they had moved to Florida) I too had just returned from the kitchen with a cold beer and was about to sit down, when the picture went out and Al Michaels was saying we just had an earthquake.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  17. RaZorBurn123

I had just sat down, and bam! it hit. Surprisingly nothing fell off the walls, this was of course before flat screen tv's. The power was out for awhile and I had a portable tv that I watched and saw the bay bridge had collapsed, I actually didn't want to miss any of the game had they continued to play. Those were the days..

18. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

The stations here cut to the news and started showing what was going on and I was thinking. These people should have learned after 1906.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  19. Slow Joe

Slow Joe Relishing his obsession

Marvellous Mets.

So I have been a Mets fan since August 12th 2003. It was our honeymoon and even though my wife had said no sports on the honeymoon, she suprise me with tickets to see the Mets play the Giants.
    When I got back home I did follow the Mets dismal progress until my therapist said I should avoid things that were depressing and miserable.
    I have still been proudly wearing my Mets hat and jacket, ( this might explain people keep thinking I'm American. I did wonder). Now it's nice to see them doing well again.

macaronus, Erik Redd and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  20. Erik Redd

No sports on the honeymoon?