Long time trolley 1st time poster

Discussion in 'Welcome Center' started by obturador, Oct 18, 2015.

1. obturador

obturador Active Member

Hi all,

For months I've been silently trolling this forum as I'm new to wet shaving and I'm looking forward to improving my techniques. I'm my times trolling your forms I've gotten a good vibe from the posters so I figured I cone out of the shadows so to speak.
    I've using a merkur 34c as my razor and put in a preorder for the blackland blackbird. Which I'm very much looking forward to. I've been working slowly on my technique but neck irritation is getting the better of my skills.

I thought I'd introduce myself as I have picked up alot of good info from you guys. Thank all

2. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Welcome to TSD!

obturador likes this.
  3. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Welcome from western Canada.
    To better understand the irratation you're getting on your neck, you might want to expand on your shaving IE direction, # of passes, blades you've tried..etc

I found my hair on my lower neck grows in the opposite direction than the rest of my beard. Shaving in all one direction ends up with atg and irration on my lower neck. I shave up (wtg) on the lower part of my neck.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2015
    obturador likes this.
  4. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

welcome, and nice to share with you.
    witch hazel applied to the area should help with the irritation, it's very soothing

obturador likes this.
  5. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

Welcome!

obturador likes this.
  6. obturador

obturador Active Member

Hi I guess we are neighbors as I live in western Washington state. You are describing my situation as my lower neck grows up and out ward which has make it tricky to get a handle on.

My preferred hardware as I'm finding out is previously mentioned merkur 34c with the astra sp blades. Of the bunch I've tried those I seem to respond better to.

Where I have been unfocused if you will has been on the soaps I've bounced around from captain choice bay rum and reef point earl grey and Ginger. Both favorite at this point. As well as italian barbers milionario and the p-160.

7. obturador

obturador Active Member

Thank you I'll give it a go

8. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the den! Technique is something I am always working on. It is a working process and gets better with each shave. The products and gear plays a part as well, but IMO technique is one of the most important parts of wet shaving. Good luck on your journey to get a great shave!:signs046:

gmaugie007 and obturador like this.
  9. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Welcome to TSD!

obturador likes this.
  10. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Welcome to TSD!

obturador likes this.
  11. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Hello! Welcome to the Shave Den. :)

obturador likes this.
  12. Double Edge Dougy

Double Edge Dougy Well-Known Member

13. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Welcome to The Shave Den!

obturador likes this.
  14. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Hi!
    My 34C/Astra SP combo has gotten me more BBS shaves than any other combo. Hang in there, you'll find a technique that works for you.

obturador likes this.
  15. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    First bit of info I should pass on is 'trolling' doesn't mean what you think it means. The word you are looking for is 'lurking' and 'lurker'.

A lurker is someone who reads the forum, but doesn't join or post.

A troll (or troller) is someone who posts something inflammatory to provoke a heated response from other members for their own amusement.

Anyways, welcome to the Den, and like you, I'm on the Blackland Blackbird pre-order list. Did you join during or after the Kickstarter? And If you joined during, which options did you go with and did you order the box too?

obturador likes this.
  16. obturador

obturador Active Member

Thanks for the correction. I'll keep that in mind. Rest assured that I am not one to participate in inflamatory behavior.

I supported the kickstarter. I'm waiting for the black oxide short handle (I find I like short handles better) with the wood stand. I thought about the box but when I went through the funds appropriation process (ask the wife...) I got the look...

PLANofMAN and crackstar like this.
  17. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Welcome to TSD.

obturador and crackstar like this.
  18. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Welcome!

obturador likes this.
  19. Greg Becker

Greg Becker Member

Welcome!