Cuts under my mouth

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by flaxton, Oct 21, 2015.

1. flaxton

flaxton Active Member

I have used two different razors and numerous blades but still get small cuts on the area under my mouth. I have shaved up, down and across but still have trouble. I am fine everywhere else. Any advice would be great.

2. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

Grow a goatee?

clint64 and Joef like this.
  3. cmorris357

Seriously, have you tried tightening the skin by sticking tour tongue behind your bottom lip, or puffing it out by blowing with your mouth closed. Other than that and zero to very little pressure is all I've got.

4. southernscribbler

southernscribbler Well-Known Member

The only advice I can offer is to use a very light touch in your problem area. Try going north to south then south to north for a while until you stop cutting yourself. just a feather lite touch should be enough to keep the whiskers trimmed but may not give you the same smoothness as the rest of the face. just be patient and try different techniques. When I first began double edge shaving I would do the four direction shaves. Now that I have my adjustable set on 9, I only need a N to S, S to N, and maybe a touch up in the tough areas. Good luck

5. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

:signs011: That's what I do.

cmorris357 likes this.
  6. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

[​IMG]
    Yep, this is a common approach for many and helps alleviate what can be a problem area for some shavers.

jeraldgordon and cmorris357 like this.
  7. cmorris357

It can work for the whole face if you're Dizzy Gillespie. image.jpg

jeraldgordon likes this.
  8. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

No matter what I do I get abrasions , razor burn, cuts whatever you want to label it on the corners of my mouth. Since wet shaving I've grown a goatee and have been very happy with it. I got nothing for you.

9. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Start the video at 4:30.

10. barbersurgeon

barbersurgeon Well-Known Member

Guess I'm lucky as this is one of the easiest areas for me to shave. I'd suggest adding a pre-shave oil if you have not tried that yet. Also, one or two wtg passes to get as close as you can. As light a touch as you can. I tighten the skin in this area by rolling my lower lip back over my lower teeth and tilting my head back a bit. I also shift my lip to the opposite side I'm shaving to flatten the skin some. Maybe try those?

Good luck!

clint64 and Boojum1 like this.
  11. Double Edge Dougy

Double Edge Dougy Well-Known Member

Thats one area for me i need to make sure i wash with warm water to soften up the hair and pre shave oil works there for me too

12. flaxton

flaxton Active Member

Thanks guys. Some great advice.

13. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

:signs011:

14. bikerbill1956

bikerbill1956 Member

Could also try the finger stab behind the point of your jaw to tighten things up. Try a pre shave oil maybe even shave that area first while the blade is sharpest.
    Also, because blades are so cheap I change them after every other shave.