How's Your Day? October 2015

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by richgem, Sep 30, 2015.

1. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

As a kid growing up in the 60's in New Jersey I was a Mets fan, because of HOFer Tom Seaver. I remember watching The Miracle Mets beat the Baltimore Orioles 4 games to 1. Both teams had future HOF players. I'll be cheering for the Mets to win it all!

Slow Joe likes this.
  2. Slow Joe

Slow Joe Relishing his obsession

I know right. Crazy. I think she wanted it to be romantic instead. But it turned out to be a little white lie. Not did she get tickets in a pre Internet time. But she also got them to put mu name up on the scoreboard.
    We were a bit tired though. August 11th we were in the Maldives August 12th we were in New York with a stop in England on the way. Thats a few different time zones to adjust to. But it was fun.

mrchick and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  3. DDuckyMark

DDuckyMark Ducky Duck and the Hiding Bunch

I lived about 2 miles down the road from the mets sprung training stadium in South FL. I have been to many games there both during the training season and to watch our local league mets play through the year.

Slow Joe likes this.
  4. Slow Joe

I watched a really good documentary the other day. It was called "The Battered Bastards of Baseball" It was about the last ever independent baseball team which was owned by Kurt Russell's dad. It's worth watching if you like baseball.

Mr. Shaverman likes this.
  5. 90quattrcoupe

90quattrcoupe Well-Known Member

So, in the thread "How's your day, September 2015", I mentioned my son, the film editor, had a music video picked up by a couple of festivals. Well, I am a proud father again, as the music video won at both festivals. Now, I just have to live long enough, and maybe he will make the Golden Globe, Emmies or Academy Awards. ;-)

Greg W.

6. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's a great documentary

Slow Joe and macaronus like this.
  7. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

8. Slow Joe

bit tired. Ive been trying to listen to the mets games on the radio at 2.00 a.m, but it just ends up relaxing me and i end up falling asleep. Then this evening i went to a meeting at the Fire Engine musuem i help out at. Drank way too much coffee and my body is exhausted and wants to sleep but my brain is way, way, way too awake for that.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  9. Slow Joe

Ok. So now I want to know if Penguins have knees.

10. Slow Joe

Just made my 2500 post.

11. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Busy day with dr's appointments. This is all pre-surgicaal testing for a knee replacement. I so badly want that done & overwith.

12. richgem

RaZorBurn123, macaronus and Slow Joe like this.
  13. Slow Joe

RaZorBurn123, macaronus and richgem like this.
  14. Slow Joe

Good luck with that.

RaZorBurn123, Sara-s and Dzia Dzia like this.
  15. richgem

One doesn't expect something so short and squat to have knees. I suppose they are of a bigger advantage when swimming vs. waddling.

RaZorBurn123, Slow Joe and Sara-s like this.
  16. richgem

I have my first-ever crock pot beef stew simmering downstairs. About an hour to go before it's ready and the house smells wonderful. Hopefully, it tastes as good. :drool:

17. Dzia Dzia

Dzia Dzia Entitled to whine

Good luck. Hit the gym before. Strength in the muscles really aids in recovery and rehab. I'll PM you soon with my experience with two in the last 10 months.

macaronus likes this.
  18. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

sorry, haven't been active much this week, two nights without power due to a squirrel with a keen interest in interior wiring... Maybe it was a possum.. didn't see the carcass.. didn't see much - it was dark
    Then we got stuck at a high school choir concert for three hours yesterday. *sigh* Been busy tonight trying to get things done that I couldn't do the last three nights. Finally sitting down for a little while. Oops.. just got a text from Mrs. Coyote. Her car has an issue, got go out to Purdue North Central to get her.

RaZorBurn123, Slow Joe and macaronus like this.
  19. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Be sure he doesn't replace it with a penguin knee! ;)

Hope good luck comes around soon!

Slow Joe, richgem and Sara-s like this.
  20. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Today a year ago I broke down with burn-out. Still not at work again, but I'm feeling a lot better. :happy108: I've got professional assistance to get back to work somewhere and will be sending the first job application out this week! :)