How's Your Day? October 2015

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by richgem, Sep 30, 2015.

1. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Best of luck to you! It's good to know that you are starting to feel ready to go back to work.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2015
  2. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Lotsa luck, Mike!

3. richgem

4. Intrigued

Intrigued Active Member

Erik Redd and Sara-s like this.
  5. richgem

:(

Well, as they say in Italian...Se non e' verro, dovrebbe essere. ("If it's not true, it should be.")

Slow Joe, macaronus and Intrigued like this.
  6. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

But in the land of the internet, everything is true, and everything I say is not.

Intrigued likes this.
  7. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2015
  8. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Just got home from watching local theater production of the musical version of Young Frankenstein. I loved it, but I gotta say, it felt a little creepy knowing that the girl playing Inga is just a high school senior.

RaZorBurn123 and CyanideMetal like this.
  9. Slow Joe

Slow Joe Relishing his obsession

It's great that you've come so far that you can send out job applications. It can't have been easy, so well done and good luck going forward.

wristwatchb and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  10. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I am seriously annoyed right now, at a doctor who just isn't listening. I have sleep apnea, so I was sent to a pulmonologist, to get clearance for upcoming knee surgery. Unsurprisingly, he wants me to use a CPAP (continuous positive airway pressure) machine. This is a common treatment with which I had poor results in the past. I would fall asleep for about 3 hours and then wake up, for no apparent reason.

No one, to date has worked very hard at trying to explain this to me and I have no reason to believe that this attempt will be any better than the last one. My issue with this doctor is that he keeps fixating on the assumptions that either the breathing mask is uncomfortable or that I am phobic of it. Neither is true and I have told him so, more than once. He gets one more office visit to redeem himself, after which I suspect I will be finding another doctor.

OK, done ranting.

macaronus, RaZorBurn123 and Erik Redd like this.
  11. Erik Redd

I never liked my CPAP, I didn't sleep any better with it. Doctors that don't listen are irritating. I've always had elevated blood pressure. I failed the physical for a NROTC scholarship as a senior in high school (many years ago) due to elevated blood pressure. I was 6'-2" and weighed 165 lbs, played tennis on the tennis team 3+ hours a day.

Doctors always tell me to lose weight to lower my blood pressure. I tell them this history and I can tell they either don't believe me or aren't listening.

mrchick and Sara-s like this.
  12. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Thanks for telling me that; I'm sorry you have had frustrations, but it's frankly a relief to know I am not alone in this. While I do need to lose weight (for many reasons), it's no guarantee that it will resolve the problem, as 40% of sleep apnea sufferers are NOT overweight.

mrchick likes this.
  13. rmcintyre84

rmcintyre84 Got out of the kitchen

Linda and I are taking a 230 mile round trip antique trek. We'll hit some stores we haven't been to in over 6 years, before I was looking for razors. Fingers crossed.

wristwatchb, Intrigued and mrchick like this.
  14. richgem

I'm sure it has nothing to do with this....

[​IMG]

Intrigued and Erik Redd like this.
  15. richgem

Have you tried bunny yoga?

[​IMG]

Intrigued likes this.
  16. Erik Redd

Of course not, I have the willpower to resist candy. Some things on the other hand....
    [​IMG]

Intrigued and richgem like this.
  17. richgem

Huh. I'd've thought you preferred Colt 45.

[​IMG]

Erik Redd likes this.
  18. richgem

Trying to watch Avengers: Age of Ultron and realizing how badly written it is, even on it's own terms.

Erik Redd and Intrigued like this.
  19. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Mike, this is great news! :D

macaronus likes this.
  20. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

yeah well... walk it off

Intrigued likes this.