"Boar"ed Plisson

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by TheFiveO, Oct 24, 2015.

1. TheFiveO

TheFiveO Well-Known Member

I recently acquired a Plisson handle in a Box Tour. At about the same time, my TGN boar knot restoration started falling apart due to a lousy knot. Well Tony at TGN did me a solid and replaced the knot for me at no charge.

Today I tried steaming the old boar knot out of the old Made Right handle and promptly melted the handle.... Time to hit the Thrift stores.....

Anyhow, I thought, when life gives ya lemons, make lemonade. So I present to you the boared Plisson!
    [​IMG]

2. JR Reyes

JR Reyes I scream for....chicken wings??

That a boy Steve. Looks like a nice little face lather brush. Good job. I bet it will work nice as soon as it breaks in.

3. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

I like :)

4. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Way to go. :eatdrink047: I like it.

5. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

It's. Way cool. :happy088:

6. TheFiveO

TheFiveO Well-Known Member

Well she got her first walk in the park today and she lathered up really nice!!! Used Cade soap since it's still L'Occitober. This knot is way better than the one they sent me the first time. It's already much softer so I can only imagine how nice it will be once the hairs start to break in and split. Still smells like a wet pig, but that will go away too!

Side note, I cannot speak highly enough of the positive treatment I got from Tony @ The Golden Nib (TGN). I really don't hold them responsible for the shoddy construction of the first knot as I know they only resell the knots. Nice to see vendors stepping up and taking care of their customers.

7. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

That's awesome! Congrats. :happy088:

TheFiveO likes this.