My cell phone & my daughter

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by soulshine, Apr 17, 2008.

1. soulshine

soulshine Flower Power

Gents,

My daughter will be 15 in a few weeks & we get along superbly. A while back I got rid of my land line and went with cell phones instead. I was toying with a ring tone for my daughter the last few days but couldn't quite find something for her. I am in sales...lighting sales to be exact. Today I am doing a presentation for a group of 15 architects on some new offerings and a loud belching noise erupted from my front sports coat jacket - normally I would leave my personal phone in the car but I was running just a bit behind schedule. I struggled to find it but gave up and had a laugh with the group explaining that it was most likely my 15 year old daughter's plan at embarrassing Dad. She found a MP3 from the movie "ELF" where Will Ferrell chugs a 2 liter Coke bottle and belches. For those not familiar with the flick, the 15 second belch (it seems much longer when trying to find a source of said noise) is followed by "DID YOU HEAR THAT?!?". It truly made my whole day.

2. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

ROFL......thats pretty cool. I can only imagine your face when that happened.

3. soulshine

soulshine Flower Power

I am quite sure it was the classic, "deer lost in the headlights" look for a moment or two till I figured what was going on.

4. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

So, did you get the sale...Will?

5. soulshine

soulshine Flower Power

Hahaha - not today! Most of the time these presentations are done to introduce our newest offerings. This is one of my most loyal architect firms I deal with so most likely the new products will be on plans coming out in the fall. Some of the projects I work on are in development for 2 or more years.

6. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

Doesn't this thread belong in the jokes section? :D

7. riffin

riffin Active Member

Back when I was in college, I saw Oregon with Ralph Towner and Paul McCandless at an intimate jazz club. They were between songs, when at exactly 9:00 a wristwatch alarm goes off. No one moves to turn it off. People in the audience start looking around for the culprit,. Finally, Paul McCandless holds his watch to his ear, then turns it off. He says, "That was time I was SUPPOSED to get up this morning!"

8. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
  9. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

Great story, Bob.
    Hope I can feel the same way about Camille when she is that age....not looking forward to the teenage years.

10. Will

Will Nevermind

It's OK Rick, I will take you shotgun shopping. :cool:

Don't worry it will be clean and with no numbers. I know people.

11. rick

Itsa deal !
    Who sings that country song...."Sittin here cleanin my gun"??
    its Jeremy Atkins or Trace Atkins......Chet Akins ???
    Anywho.
    Great song.

12. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

Great story Bob! :happy102
    Unlike our 24 year old who took a picture of her dog's behind on my phone and set it to pop up when she calls. :eek: I just don't understand why? :D

13. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

Sorry Bob! I just don't know where this happy and wholesome thread went wrong! :whacky098

14. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

Whaddya mean? It showed up here! :happy102

15. soulshine

soulshine Flower Power

hahaha....I am still giggling about yesterday and enjoy where you gents take this. :happy013

16. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Either hell in a hand basket or over the rainbow the usually place. Every once in a while we end up in the "Outer Limits. " :D

Rick, daughter is eleven on Sunday. The teen years are approaching fast. You can borrow one of mine for keeping the wolves from the door.

My daughter hasn't pulled any tricks on my phone yet but she does have the bad habit of changing my settings or resetting my game high scores. She got in trouble though when she put my phone into airplane mode and I was expecting an important call and didn't get it. :(

17. rick

make sure you keep a journal and send it to me in 4 years.
    I can feel my blood pressure rising as I type this..........:mad:

18. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Maybe I should start a new blog. Papa Years: The Teenage Daughter :eek:

19. Htownmmm

Htownmmm Member

That's called a 'gotcha dad'- one of life's treasured moments.:D

marty