Superlather ?

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by oldfat1, Apr 18, 2008.

1. oldfat1

oldfat1 New Member

After watching Mantic's video's, I have been playing around with this. I.E. mixing soap and cream. Here's my question, do any of you mix different scents together to match or even contrast each other?

I now have (thank you my Queen) several samples from TSD of scents. I was wondering if anyone has found a combonation they have like?

2. Padron

Padron Active Member

I like the superlather, I usually try to keep the scents somewhat similar....one of Isaac's mixes I like was MWF and Trumpers Coconut cream...light on the scent but a great lather...:)

Lately, I have been doing a lot of TSD Tea Tree Soap and Coates Tea Tree Cream :D Awesome lather...

I need to experiment more though....

Rick and Isaac have been making some Screams.....Soap and cream mixes that have been great...;)

3. VetsJetsnGuns

VetsJetsnGuns Need love... will pay.

I have one cake of unscented AOS soap- that's what I use for my supalathas...

4. woodsrider

woodsrider New Member

Ken:

I play around with superlathers all the time. I usually stick to scents that are the same or very similar. Can't get too crazy....nope, just wouldn't be appropriate...;)

5. VetsJetsnGuns

VetsJetsnGuns Need love... will pay.

I lied; I've used the musgo real glyce lyme oil soap for supalathas with T&H West Indian Limes and Nancy Boy Signature

6. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

Its just an excuse to use twice as many products to make your lather, and hopefuly get you done with them all twice as fast, to further fuel your AD. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

7. Htownmmm

Htownmmm Member

here are two that I use occasionally:

1. SCS Cool Lime SS + SCS Coconut SC = 7-UP superlather

2. Mama Bear Kiwi Melon SC + ltlsuz Cucumber Melon(no name yet; the Melonator didn't grab me)

marty

8. mike Ratliff

mike Ratliff New Member

Mama Bear's Attar of Roses + The Art of Shaving's Sandalwood cream = awesome

9. mike Ratliff

mike Ratliff New Member

I made a lather today, using TGQ soap, C&E "Nomad" cream, and some Clubman cream...
    It was impressive.
    The Nomad is a little overpowering, and not my favorite scent, but the lather was just about the thickest richest most cushioning lather I've ever gotten.

Better than a superlather, but no glycerine, so it's not an Uberlather...

10. Scruffy1

Scruffy1 New Member

I tried Wilkinson Sword (blue) with a rice sized squirt of my headlube this morning, worked great, best shaved I've had so far!

11. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

See THIS for other great recipes

12. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I performed only 1 time superlather--Arko Moist cream, with Arko soap. I was not impressed.

13. Padron

Padron Active Member

Jeff, you could try a Permafrost soap and Ingrams cream superlather......load the brush with soap and then squirt some ingrams into the breech then lather up a menthol bomb :drool :drool .....Sounds sweet on paper anyways ;)

14. oldfat1

oldfat1 New Member

Thanks for the tips everyone. Now another idea has crossed my mind, has anyone tried melting a soap and mixing it with a cream?

Since a soap is a soild while a cream is not, would they mix?

Would there be enough of each to still produce "superlather"?

A bunch of questions I know, but I have been thinking about it.

15. AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido New Member

In my short experience as a DE shaver I have found that Van Der Hagen deluxe soap, which has a very low key scent but a great lather, mixed with TSD Bay Rum cream (thanks, milady!), makes for an excellent superlather. In fact, that's my regular combo for now.

:happy088

16. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

I think you're overthinking this, my friend. :)

17. AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido New Member

Yup. Got to agree there. In fact, the only reason I experienced "superlather" was the fact that I was wanting to try my TDS cream sample but was used to the VDH soap, so I mixed without knowing anything about the hallowed SUPERLATHER.

18. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

That = SCreams. Old news really.. Rick has perfected the technique. Here for instance.

19. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

So Rick overthought it first? :rofl

20. oldfat1

oldfat1 New Member

DAMN:ashamed001.

Hate being second fiddle:angry019.