Injector travel case cover... prototype...

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by DrTerror, Oct 31, 2015.

1. DrTerror

DrTerror Well-Known Member

OK,guys,MK2,prototype!,this is a better design than the first,as there are a couple of 'flaps' to open the studs with,the back has been cut out.and the front cut out has been remodelled slightly,dont forget,this is a very rough prototype,so,it has a few 'flaws'....
    Now working on one for DE's,and also a Mongoose one too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also,still awaiting studs,and dye.I think I will be making these in 50mm X 4mm butt leather from now on too,as that would give this style of injector a good bit more protection at the sides,this one is made from 40mm X 4mm,as was the last.

2. SUPPLYProvision Co

SUPPLYProvision Co Active Member

Nice case! I like how simple it is. You're right... There is an unfortunate lack of options out there for injector cases. I made one too - for the exact same reasons. PS - Let us know when you figure out the TSA thing... :)

[​IMG]

3. DrTerror

Well,I received the press studs today,and I am not at all happy with them.The Sam Browne studs should be here tomorrow though...:)

Have loads of razors to catch up with too,so bear with me guys!,I AM getting there with the cases and the razors,but slowly..;)

Last edited: Nov 6, 2015
    Robyflexx, chrisbd and Billyfergie like this.
  4. DrTerror

These are Sam Brown studs BTW!

[​IMG]

chrisbd and Billyfergie like this.
  5. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

Those look like Nipples from a Brass Monkey Sir...:happy097:

Billy...:chores016:

6. DrTerror

Damn!,my secret stash of captured brass monkeys have been sussed!.They are miserable beggars,every time I go into their cage with a hacksaw,they run off...And they are REALLY hard to catch!.
    The 'see no's' hear me,the 'hear no's' see me,and the 'speak no's'...forget it,I now have a surplus of those...

Karl G, swarden43, maltedmilk and 4 others like this.
  7. DrTerror

That is one smart looking bit of chin scraping equipment I must say!.

Karl G and Billyfergie like this.
  8. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

A lot of these Kick Starter Projects look good...Just like the Economy...:rofl:
    Billy...:chores016:

Karl G, DrTerror and chrisbd like this.
  9. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Looks great

10. chrisbd

chrisbd Well-Known Member

The solution is to chill them, then the nipples (and other appendages) should just drop off. I do like the look of those Sam Brown studs, keen to see the finished article.

Regards,
    Chris

11. maltedmilk

maltedmilk Well-Known Member

Article Team
    :signs011: :happy096::happy097:
    THIS is why I'm a Swardenite!

It is trailer-trash as all get-out, but I can effectively protect any SE or DE razor for traveling with a Walmart bag and a rubber band. Nowhere near as nice as Dr. T's and will hold in moisture (really? how long do you keep your wet razor in its travel outfit?), but the only hard part is finding a rubber band. I somehow never keep my house free of the various plastic shopping bags!

Dr Terror,
    That is a seriously good use of leathercraft, though. Well done.

chrisbd, Karl G, DrTerror and 2 others like this.
  12. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

How many of these do you put in one bag?
    [​IMG]

Keithmax, chrisbd, Karl G and 3 others like this.
  13. maltedmilk

maltedmilk Well-Known Member

Article Team

<shudder>

Uh... I put ALL multi-balded, plastic, not-really-for-shaving thingies in a single 13 gal. bag. That's the size that fits our kitchen trash can.

;)

chrisbd, Karl G, DrTerror and 3 others like this.
  14. DrTerror

Have changed the plans slightly now,I have managed to source some pure brass 15mm press studs,these are designed for hardcore outside use,like on fishing boats,and the like!,so they should be up to the job!,trouble is,they cost a bomb,so can only offer these in gold/brass ATM.

I am also going to be using 57mm X 4mm leather from now on too,where as the above are made with about 45mm X 4mm leather,which fits a Schick injector perfectly,but there can be about a 1/2 mm 'hang over' after the wet forming,and sanding has been done.So I have ordered the wider leather to take care of ALL SE's,and DE's too.... [​IMG]

The Sam Browns are also pure brass,and they work really well! (a bit stiff,cause the leather is so thick).

I have also come up with another simple,but effective design,Ill post the photo of that up when i have finalised it!...

15. DrTerror

Have now nailed the injector design!,now waiting on a DE version to dry,57mm x 4mm leather,so good for all those pesky Mongoose's,and vintage SE's! (also the OneBlade,if needs be)...
    Heres a couple of 'drying out' pic's...

[​IMG][/font][/size][​IMG]

16. chrisbd

chrisbd Well-Known Member

An elegantly simple solution, they're always the best. I like the chunky fasteners but I suppose you're still awaiting the press studs.

Regards,
    Chris

DrTerror, Robyflexx and Billyfergie like this.
  17. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Fantastic DrTerror perfect fit and as chrisbd said the fasteners are great! :signs107:

chrisbd and DrTerror like this.
  18. DrTerror

Thanks guys!.The fasteners are Chicago screws,only there till the leather has set.Got the HD brass press studs to replace them with!.

chrisbd and Robyflexx like this.
  19. DrTerror

Nearly there!,just needs the sides,and insides waterproofing,and the outer waterproofing too.I have put the press stud tops in for display purposes only....LOL!

[​IMG]

chrisbd, twhite and Robyflexx like this.
  20. DrTerror

OK,here the finished version....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Red Rider, Karl G, chrisbd and 2 others like this.