Clubman Pinaud...in your hair

Discussion in 'Skincare' started by Darkbulb, Jun 16, 2014.

1. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

2. rxshave

rxshave Member

Scent is more chemical. Not an exact match at all due to the alcohol content likely. I did not like it.

BigCabDaddy and Darkbulb like this.
  3. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Speaking of Clubman...anyone who watched the first episode of "Ash vs Evil" this week might have noticed Ash (Bruce Campbell) using Pinaud aftershave :)

Kamen Tenshi, BigCabDaddy and Kizurra like this.
  4. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

I use this daily.
    excellent hold
    not greasy
    not sticky after it dries
    sometimes I leave it after I wet brush it sometimes I let it dry then brush through it.
    works great, smells like clubman.

5. kurtmill

kurtmill Active Member

I totally did.

Darkbulb likes this.
  6. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

:)

7. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I'd say it is't QUITE like the after-shave, but you still know it's Clubman. I tried that one, and now have the Super Clear, just for variety sake.

8. NapalmCola

NapalmCola Well-Known Member

This is a great product. I use it daily as well as two of my boys . It isn't greasy , flake and holds " just right". Not super mega hard hold , you can make it hold firmer with a blow dryer. Not super weak hold either. Smells amazing as well. They do make various hold strengths in various colors as well.

Paul Turner and Darkbulb like this.
  9. Weeper Warrior

Weeper Warrior Well-Known Member

Use it everyday as well. Smells like clubman to me. The scent doesn't stick around for me though. I tryed a bunch of other products before landing on clubman. It just works without any problems...no greasiness... I can still run my fingers through my hair....even get sweaty and it still holds for me. Good stuff and cheap too. I think it is like 4 or 5 buck for a huge tub at Salley.

10. Paul Turner

You say the hair gel doesn't last long for you...makes for an interesting point: Have you tried the Clubman Country Club shampoo alone, and if so, do you find that THAT scent lasts longer for you than the gel?

11. Weeper Warrior

Weeper Warrior Well-Known Member

No never tryed the shampoo.....hard to find around here. The hold of the gel lasts exceptionally well....just the scent doesn't last for me.

Paul Turner likes this.
  12. Paul Turner

I expect to be getting 2 Clubmen Country Club shampoos today-that should set me for a few years with the Clubman website

RyX likes this.
  13. RyX

RyX DoH!

I try to keep my hair short, like 1/2" Wahl trimmer short. After a shave, I've applied Clubman to my face, then run my hands through what's left of my hair. That smells just like Clubman!

178-bplatoon and Paul Turner like this.
  14. Ksblazer

Ksblazer Well-Known Member

Been using Clubman hair gel for a few years now. Works great on my short hair. Can get whiffs of it when my head get a little sweaty at work too.

For me it gets the job done as well as some of the bigger name hair gels that cost twice as much.

Get about 10 months of use before I need to get another container of it.

Paul Turner and RyX like this.
  15. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

My hair's getting thinner
    but my gut's getting fatter
    my hairline goes higher
    while my feet's get flatter

I'm rapidly losing all need for anything but a small comb. Part of me envied you guys who still have to deal with this. Another part of me is glad I'm close to done with it.

RyX and Jim99 like this.
  16. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

As A balding friend of mine once told me....

"I'd rather be nay than gray"

gorgo2 likes this.
  17. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

Or as my Dad used to say. A bald head is like Heaven. There's no parting there.

Jim99 and gorgo2 like this.