The Protector

Discussion in 'Cartridge Razors' started by Darkbulb, Oct 16, 2015.

1. Sabre

Sabre Well-Known Member

Possibly :)...

Darkbulb likes this.
  2. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

I have this beauty inbound now.

I think it's the original all metal Wilkinson Protector w/ stand and I think it was a very fair deal at $10. Maybe Mr. @Sabre can confirm the model :)

Seller description:
    "Metal Wilkinson Sword Protector razor. Please note that this is Wilkinson Sword Protector, and not Wilkinson Sword Protector 3. The razor is in very good condition."

[​IMG]

3. Sabre

Sabre Well-Known Member

That is an original Kenneth Grange designed metal Protector. A steal at $10.00 :) . Did you get the James Bond edition too? ;)

engrsaks likes this.
  4. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Yeah the 007 one have arrived onto US soil and to California but is still 400 miles or so away from my greedy lil hands :)

engrsaks likes this.
  5. Hairy Alaskan

Hairy Alaskan eww da toilet

I didn't know these were still around. I used the original Shick Protector for a few years in the 90s. I thought it was a decent razor. Nothing too special. Then I took it with me to Florida on vacation and had my first soft water shave. I was shocked how close and effortless the shave was. One of the best shaves in my life.

Darkbulb likes this.
  6. MObigfoot

MObigfoot Active Member

Where are you finding these deals???

engrsaks likes this.
  7. engrsaks

engrsaks Well-Known Member

You are mistaken, deals find him, not the other way around. :p

Sabre likes this.
  8. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

As I'm waiting for the James Bond 007 razor to make it over on the slow-boat to here....I did receive this lil gem for $10:

Received this Wilkinson Protector "Metal" made for the German market.
    Designed by Sir Kenneth Grange.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The silver part is, as the name eludes to, solid metal and it probably weight about twice that of the more modern Protector 3D shown here:
    [​IMG]

Sabre likes this.
  9. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Received one of the cooler Protector razors this week - the 1995 gold James Bond 007 Wilkinson Protector that came out along with the GoldenEye movie.
    NIB and....it might stay that way...at least for a while :)

[​IMG]

Sabre likes this.
  10. Sabre

Sabre Well-Known Member

Good score ;) . You do realize it's the same as the other Protector Mk1 you own? :)

11. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

SO not the same...this one is....uh....gold....and..uh....in a James Bond box!!
    But that might convince me to keep it in its package :D

Sabre likes this.
  12. Sabre

Sabre Well-Known Member

Exactly! :signs136:

13. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Oh man....I'm doomed.....I'm a....collector

Sabre likes this.
  14. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Ya think?

Darkbulb likes this.
  15. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Bump...I do believe the current Schick "Silk Effects" (for women) carts have the same attachment mechanism as these razors. I just found a pack of those carts for peanuts but have nothing to hook them up to.

16. ville

ville New Member

Is there any full metal Protector handle? All those I have seen are partly plastic. I have GoldenEye, but that has also black plastics beneath the Gold.

In my collection the only plastics-only Protector is "Finland Hockey Pool Suomen Jääkiekkoliitto". I do not know the date, but it is the original Protector, not 3D.

This is my first post to this forum.

17. iseevideo

iseevideo New Member

I have an item that might be of interest to Protector fans. It's an ultra-rare original Protector in special Christmas packaging. The razor is in a blister pack, the back of which is a piece of cardboard with a picture of a cartoon Santa Claus saying in German, "The beard has to go". Turn it over and you discover the piece of cardboard is actually a postcard, which (at the time) you could fill out, attach a stamp to and post to someone as a Christmas gift! Have a look at the photos. This is in excellent condition, with the only signs of wear being very slight at the corners of the card.

Protector1.jpeg Protector2.jpeg

Sabre, gzp and DE Cartman like this.
  18. iseevideo

iseevideo New Member

In case it wasn't clear, this is the Protector Metall