How to make awesome peanut butter and jelly

Discussion in 'The Cookbook' started by FanofAceVentura, Jan 2, 2015.

1. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I'll keep an eye out...haven't noticed anyone roadside for anything since I got here. Well, except the two guys with the veg truck, but the twitchy deputy ran them off.

Jostalli and LaSalle82 like this.
  2. LaSalle82

LaSalle82 Well-Known Member

Love Barney Fife..............

3. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

UPDATE:

A gas station on the way to work carries a semi-local brand of deep fried peanuts in the shell. Salted, salt and vinegar, hot and candy coated (light coat of corn syrup and molasses). I've tried the salted and the candied ones and they are VERY GOOD! You can even eat them shell and all...says so right on the bag and sure enough, you can. Even the wife, notoriously picky, liked the sweet ones. Plan on trying the salt and vinegar sometime. Eating the salted ones now. :)

PLANofMAN and Jostalli like this.
  4. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Forget the jelly. Peanut butter on both slices of bread. Then, add grapes to cover one slice of the bread. Cover with the other slice. Very yummy. The juicy grapes help cut the stickiness of the peanut butter.

Jostalli likes this.
  5. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

One thing that aggravates me is when people don't wipe the knife off when they go from the peanut butter to the jelly and get peanut butter in the jelly jar. But that might just be me.

6. Jostalli

Jostalli Well-Known Member

I find it best - knife for peanut butter - spoon for jelly

BamaT and PLANofMAN like this.
  7. icemanwbs

icemanwbs Well-Known Member

I grew up on this stuff, mostly CREAMY JIF now, always plain white bread. Strawberry jam, not to big on jellies, preserves are also good. I'm definitely going to give the " grilled cheese" method a try, also the whole grapes instead of jelly.
    :eatdrink020::happy096::signs097:

BamaT likes this.
  8. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

I do that too.

Redrock likes this.
  9. Medicdad417

Medicdad417 Well-Known Member

Crunchy pb fluff and deep fried. Best thing ever.

Jostalli likes this.
  10. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

As an European, all this sounds down right disgusting! Remind me to try it all someday :D

Colonel_K likes this.
  11. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

spoon for jelly/ jam, but lately I've been using a rubber spatula for the peanut butter instead of a knife. it gets a decedent gob of peanut goodness.

12. DDuckyMark

DDuckyMark Ducky Duck and the Hiding Bunch

I was married to someone with a peanut allergy for 8 years I just had my first pb&j in almost 10 years a few days ago. OM NOM NOM I'm goiing shopping today and I'm getting more.

Herm2502 likes this.
  13. barbersurgeon

barbersurgeon Well-Known Member

Paleo "PB&J".

3 parts Roasted salted Sunflower seeds and 2 parts Raisins. Mix in your hand and eat immediately.

(It really does taste like PB&J)

14. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

Regarding boiled peanuts, it's best to do your own. We frequently put some on during football season. We boil them in a crock pot overnight, adding a healthy dose of red pepper flakes, cayenne pepper, and hot sauce, along with salt. "Cajun style" is the way to go!

cmorris357 likes this.
  15. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

If you want a true southern version it's peanut butter, banana, and mayonnaise on soft white bread. The grilled PBJ is delicious, but should be eaten standing naked in the shower for easier cleanup. Boiled peanuts are an acquired taste. Best acquired in the womb.

16. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    I think I hear the nice fellows coming for you now. They'll get you all fixed up with an "I love me" jacket.
    [​IMG]
    The combination of mayonnaise and peanut butter sounds absolutely disgusting.

On the other hand, I do love southern style biscuits and gravy (make it with bacon instead of sausage) and southern style iced tea.

cmorris357 likes this.
  17. cmorris357

Hey if they put peanut butter on hamburgers I can put mayo and bananas on peanut butter. image.jpg

18. PLANofMAN

Moderator Article Team
    Peanut butter on hamburgers? That sounds gross too.

My dog, on the other hand, thinks that sounds delicious.
    [​IMG]
    *Not my dog in the photo, but you get the idea...

BamaT and barbersurgeon like this.
  19. cmorris357

Well, taste is subjective. In some parts of the world your dog would sound delicious.:scared007:

BamaT and PLANofMAN like this.
  20. PLANofMAN

Moderator Article Team
    Nah, he's too old. They taste better when they're puppies.

cmorris357 likes this.