The Haul: December 2015

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by RaZorBurn123, Nov 30, 2015.

1. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Can you believe 2015 is almost over. Well this is the final haul of the year. :mail:

Show us what you got!!

2. Misphit

Misphit Rest In Peace

Schick Type B for the first acquisition in the thread

SR2 Clean.jpg

preidy, Slow Joe, alpla444 and 17 others like this.
  3. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

I'm hoping for one, very nice

4. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Ok here it is I am almost too embarrassed to post it.:) But it is a razor.
    I only hope Rufus T does not look here this month:D He will berate me mercilessly for getting a girlie razor:D:D All in good fun Fufus :duel:
    I actually showed it to my wife and she was not totally repulsed by it. She thought it was comfortable to hold. I am going to work on her to get her to try it.
    [​IMG]

5. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

My Schick type A showed up today. A soak in scrubby bubbles and a quick buff had it looking pretty good.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Slow Joe, alpla444, Jostalli and 17 others like this.
  6. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

NOS Schick injector blades made in Holland, purchased from a guy in Greece....
    [​IMG]

alpla444, Jostalli, dscaver and 13 others like this.
  7. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Man, where are you guys finding all these old Schicks? I am meeting with @DDuckyMark this Friday and doing a trade. So, I will get my first Schick C. I am so looking forward to that.

8. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Ive put in some serious search time on the net finding mine.....I shaved with my C2 this morning and it was great. I think the Type C is my favorite. Both mine jack blades through perfectly, where my A and B have issues.

clint64 and Darkbulb like this.
  9. Misphit

Misphit Rest In Peace

Great Razor. I own one as well and while I have never used it, I feel an injector collection is incomplete without one.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 2, 2015
    alpla444, Jostalli, dscaver and 9 others like this.
  10. Misphit

Misphit Rest In Peace

I am always looking, have my nose to the ground and my fingers in dusty junk drawers and cabinets that even the owners are too afraid to go into.

Hodge and twhite like this.
  11. rmcintyre84

rmcintyre84 Got out of the kitchen

A full store display of Waltham DE blades, and an ER 100T. The 100T will get a new knot, a paint job (Kelly Green and white), and a Marshall University golf ball marker expoxied into the bottom.
    The Haul December 1 (800x600).jpg

alpla444, Jostalli, Spud and 12 others like this.
  12. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

Just found these items in the wild yesterday: The Yardley with bowl was only $4, the Yardley stick was $8
    sos1.jpg

Not sure what these razors are, think one is a super speed. The open comb was marked $20 and the TTo was $15. Got the whole lot for $40 including soaps so I think I did pretty good.
    sos2.jpg

13. Misphit

Misphit Rest In Peace

So do you use the vintage blades or did you buy them just for the collection?

14. rmcintyre84

rmcintyre84 Got out of the kitchen

Misphit likes this.
  15. Smoothy

Smoothy Well-Known Member

My haul this month will only consist of one item, the custom straight shown below by one of my favourite blacksmiths and knife makers:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

An 8/8" blade with a wedge grind by Koraat Knives.
    But although I have waited for this beauty for the better part of a year (Ulrik is kept busy by the shaving community) I will hold off from using this one until well into January because I have committed myself to at least one month (30-days-rule) or more on using my new Fatboy.

45auto, macaronus, ObiDon and 22 others like this.
  16. Misphit

Misphit Rest In Peace

Stunning

17. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

:signs021: That's a beauty! Go on try it. You're allowed a time out in the 30 day Rule I believe. Maybe @Bama Samurai could jump in for a clarification. :signs002:

RaZorBurn123, clint64 and Smoothy like this.
  18. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Wow! Nice haul. :happy088:

clint64 likes this.
  19. Smoothy

Smoothy Well-Known Member

Thanks! Yeah I was planning to squeeze in a day or two of straight shaving ;-) It will most likely be the same throughout Jan as well anyway.

Boojum1 likes this.
  20. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

That is a beauty! I personally would advise waiting, but totally understand the excitement of a new tool, and nobody is really keeping score...

clint64 and Smoothy like this.