Black Weishi 9306

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Misphit, Dec 7, 2015.

1. Misphit

Misphit Rest In Peace

I just ordered my favorite mild Gillette clone razor in black. Yes, Weishi has released a black version of the 9306 called the PVD and I have to have it. This will definitely be in the rotation when it comes.

upload_2015-12-7_0-45-33.png

MR41, wristwatchb, preidy and 10 others like this.
  2. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

It looks great! I'm looking at it on my phone. Is that a satin finish on it?

3. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Looks shiny to me. Purdy, two.

4. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Very nice, the weishi/van der hagen was my first de sure wish it was black! :)

5. wmbjr

wmbjr Duck, duck, cooked goose!

Available at Amazon for anyone looking to pick it up. Even has prime shipping if you have that available.

PLANofMAN and Robyflexx like this.
  6. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

I've got a gold version of the WH-9306A. It's a medium/light aggressive razor. I read the PVD is more efficient.

7. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    PVD (Physical Vapor Deposit) If you believe the Chinese. Probably applied over their chrome finish.

@ShaneS more competition for the Blackland Blackbird. Oh noes!

Last edited: Dec 7, 2015
    waddowedonowmo and wmbjr like this.
  8. Misphit

Misphit Rest In Peace

I first saw it at Amazon and since I like to keep the original packaging, I didn't want their inventory sticker attached to the box. I mean in 30 years when I sell a vintage Weishi on the bay, who wants to see THAT marring up the photo. :rofl: It's hard enough getting cases in good shape for the razors we collect now. :angry032:

Its Shiny. :drool: When I get it I will post a family photo with my other colors.

Jim99, Robyflexx and wmbjr like this.
  9. Misphit

Misphit Rest In Peace

Got my Shiny new Black Weishi 9306 PVD today and it is lovely. I couldn't b happier with the weight and finish. Love it!

9306PVD (1).jpg 9306PVD (2).jpg

And as promised a family photo.

Weishi Family (1).jpg Weishi Family (2).jpg

10. Robyflexx

11. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

Very cool!

12. DonMac

DonMac Active Member

I have several models of Weishi's and love them. The new black one is on my wish list. Many don't realize that Weishi is one of the largest razor manufactures in the world, and that their manufacturing facility is a huge state of the art 9001 ISO certified plant with very high security. They also hold the highest manufacturing certification in China. They manufacturer many razors for numerous other companies.
    My only complaint with Weishi is that they don't put the Weishi name on their own brand razors. Some shavers buy a cheap Chinese TTO razor that is junk and immediately proclaim it a Weishi that did not perform well, thinking that every TTO that comes out of China is a Weishi. I think it would help their image greatly to label their products.

PLANofMAN, Daywalker, Jim99 and 2 others like this.
  13. Robyflexx

My VDH (weishi) was my first razor and i recently began using it again and it consistently provides a great shave, I have also noticed it is a well balanced razor. Thank you for the information, nice post. :)

Jim99 likes this.
  14. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Nice post Jim. I have a Gold Weishi not as tight as a Gillette TTO but great considering the price, decent shave once my technique improved.
    Wondererd if you (or anyone here) has tried the loooong version?
    How does the PVD shave and does it differ much from the "regular" black coated Weishi.

Robyflexx likes this.
  15. Misphit

Misphit Rest In Peace

I will find out Monday when I transition to my new razor of the week.

Robyflexx likes this.
  16. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

Now if Weishi would clone the Gillette adjustable.......

Jim99, Recklesstr and Robyflexx like this.
  17. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

But what does that mean? That all Weishi's are good? For instance I found a 9306-F for 10 USD, shipping included. Can I be certain it's genuine and good quality?

Would be fun to try one of the good ones, but don't want to waste my money on something brittle that'll break just from looking at it :)

Robyflexx likes this.
  18. BigCabDaddy

BigCabDaddy Well-Known Member

Nice pictures! All these are identical except for color? If theoretically they are, are they identical in real world use or do they have "personalities" like vintage razors of the same model might?

Robyflexx likes this.
  19. Misphit

Misphit Rest In Peace

Yea, the black seems to have a slightly thicker coating, but this may be due to the PVD process. Of course each has their own personality bbutnot enough difference tosay one is better or worse than the other. Then again . I doubt you would find 8 vintage super-speeds that shave the same too.

BigCabDaddy and Robyflexx like this.
  20. BigCabDaddy

BigCabDaddy Well-Known Member

No my point is you would NOT find 8 vintage that would be the same. I was just curious about new razors that way. New guitars still differ but QC has taken out a lot of the variation.

Misphit likes this.