The Haul: December 2015

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by RaZorBurn123, Nov 30, 2015.

1. Dslazar9

Dslazar9 Took the Menthol-cratic Oath

Wife, an estate liquidator, came home with a very cool shave mug today. Can anybody tell me about it? A note on it says, "Dresden, circa early 1900's." mug.jpg

2. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  3. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Thanks.

4. Dslazar9

My wife's friend, also an estate liquidator, always gives me first dibs on shave related items. I've been very disciplined lately about just telling her what she has and not adding to my already way to big collection. These razors, however, are too temping. I am definitely going to purchase the Engels. The other one, I'm on the fence. str8.jpg

5. Dslazar9

6. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Great score on the display rack. I'd love to have it for my brushes......if it could hold 4 per compartment :happy102:

Redfisher, RaZorBurn123 and mrchick like this.
  7. JR Reyes

JR Reyes I scream for....chicken wings??

Man! those are nice...I need to make friends with some estate liquidators...lol

Mustache likes this.
  8. youngunn

youngunn Where's my TSD aftershave balm???

Is there such a thing?

9. Dslazar9

Here's a birds eye view of mine-the soaps/creams/after shave is not even included. shave collection.jpg

10. youngunn

Very nice!

11. Dslazar9

Just checked out your Den-very nice itself, and certainly neater/better organized than mine.

youngunn likes this.
  12. youngunn

Thanks, I love my cabinet, and has more room to grow. But I haven't updated the inventory in a while, many new additions. Need to do that this week.

13. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Thanks. I plan on filling it with mugs and brushes.

Darkbulb likes this.
  14. Marverel

Marverel Well-Known Member

A package from Spain was in the mail today. Ordered this during Black Friday Sale, took 3 weeks to get here:

spanien.jpg

Red Rider, Hodge, Redfisher and 8 others like this.
  15. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Really pretty brushes!

Marverel and clint64 like this.
  16. Marverel

Yes - I have to admit ... ordered them mainly because of the looks ;) But I am pretty sure they'll also perform great - can't go wrong with Semogue Boars

clint64 and Primotenore like this.
  17. Salty Belle

Salty Belle Well-Known Member

Love seeing all these vintage and flea market finds!

mrchick and Boojum1 like this.
  18. Marverel

Just had to do a little test- and de-stink-lathering. Both brushes showed terrific lathering capabilities with my Stirling Ozark Mountain. Already looking forward to shaving tomorrow.

schaum2.jpg

clint64, mrchick, Hodge and 6 others like this.
  19. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

20. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

Well, since the wife indicated an interest in having her own Lady Gillette, I picked up a couple more.
    Of the three pictured, the one on the left is one I already had and the middle two I just received.
    From left to right, 1970 - 1963 - 1971
    It's hard to tell in the pictures but the one on the left is darker blue than the other two which makes me wonder if they're the lighter blue (lavender) color or if they've just faded. I haven't seen enough of these to know the difference.
    Also pictured is a Lady Schick. The gold cover needs to get cleaned a bit but the razor head itself is nearly flawless (I guess I should have taken a better picture of it).
    Lastly is a 4 dollar black handle Super Speed that I found at an antique store. I've already got two of them but 4 bucks is too cheap to pass up.

006.JPG

Red Rider, mrchick, Hodge and 6 others like this.