Cobra Razor Owners Club (CROC)

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Boojum1, Dec 11, 2015.

1. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Ok now that puts it in perspective.

2. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

For anyone considering a King Cobra size may or may not be a deal-breaker..or actually an incentive if you like larger razors :)

Here's the King Cobra next to some other razors to give a bit of scale to it:

[​IMG]
    Left to right: Blackbird, Gillette Slim, King Cobra, Mongoose, Pils

3. CyanideMetal

CyanideMetal Wild and crazy guy

Correct. The UFO KC handles were made in a limited supply a little over a year ago. I also believe that the Law manufacturer has gone out of business. The Triad handles, of any kind, are always beautiful to look at.

4. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

I had a nice surprise waiting in the mailbox today. @Boojum1 , Mark sent me a Cobra Classic to test drive with a purchase option. Couple of observations upon opening the package and loading the blade. Even after seeing pictures, I was still stunned at how cool the razor looks in person. From looks alone it appears to be a more aggressive razor than the Mongoose. So I went ahead and took the SOTD photo for tomorrow's test drive.

[​IMG]

5. JR Reyes

JR Reyes I scream for....chicken wings??

Wow...that is really nice of him. Congrats. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts Clint.

6. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Wednesday, December16, 2015
    King Cobra Classic
    Feather Pro #3
    @clint64 assembled Ever Ready 100T Pur Tech
    Dusy Kabinett
    Alum, Witch Hazel +Menthol, Whipped Shea Butter
    Fine L’Orage Noir
    4711 Ice

IMG_3287.jpg

Last edited: Dec 16, 2015
  7. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

It is beyond nice of Mark. I was floored by the opportunity to just test drive the razor much less have an opportunity to buy one.

Douglas Carey and JR Reyes like this.
  8. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Great photo. I see you are using the restored Ever Ready. I really liked that knot.

Douglas Carey and Boojum1 like this.
  9. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Very nice indeed. If..uh...you don't end up liking it..maybe Mark will..allow for others to pursue it? :D

Douglas Carey, PLANofMAN and JR Reyes like this.
  10. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

I am pretty sure it has found a home in Atlanta, GA. :cool:

11. JR Reyes

False...no cookies for you!

Douglas Carey, Boojum1 and clint64 like this.
  12. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Yes, it's a great little brush. Super soft with great backbone. The loft is perfecto!

clint64 likes this.
  13. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Happy to hear :)

Douglas Carey, JR Reyes and clint64 like this.
  14. CyanideMetal

CyanideMetal Wild and crazy guy

Cobra Classics are like dirt. They ain't making no more.

Douglas Carey, Boojum1 and clint64 like this.
  15. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Weeeeelll.....that may or may not be true....... ;)
    More info/details to be released soon.

16. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

12/17/2015
    Razor – Cobra Classic
    Blade – Feather Pro (1)
    Brush – Romera Olivewood Synthetic
    Lather – MdC Fougere
    Post - Witch Hazel and Fine Platinum

[​IMG]

I received a package from Mark, @Boojum1 , that in addition to a brush restoration project included a Cobra Classic for me to test drive with a purchase option. Accordingly, I am taking at least a day off from my December focus on vintage razor to give this razor a try.

Looking at the Cobra’s blade exposure, I thought it would be more aggressive than Mongoose. That’s not the case but it is more efficient. A 2 pass shave, XTG & ATG, with touch ups around my chin provided an effortless BBS. With a Feather Pro Blade the Cobra shaves as close as or closer than the Mongoose with a Super Pro while being smoother.

The biggest difference between the Cobra and the Mongoose is size and weight. The Cobra Classic is in essence an over sized injector and is very easy to maneuver around your face. The Mongoose and even the AlumiGoose are just larger requiring more effort to maneuver in the tight spots. I do think by virtue of it's robust 3 piece design the Mongoose is more ruggedly built. Overall the Cobra Classic is one super cool razor.

17. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

From my SOTD:

After my Tuesday shave with the King Cobra where I used an over-used Feather Proguard blade in in and ended up cutting myself a bit I was, admittedly, a bit hesitant to use the KC again this morning. Burnt child, fire and all that.

But...I went ahead and plopped the once-used Feather Pro blade into it. Sucked it up and went to 'work'.

Amazing different - clean, efficient strokes. This is by no means a mild razor though - and I got a small weeper this morning to re-remind me about that. It has a bite to it - but oh boy, does it ever shave closely and efficiently. Once again the size of the handle/head proved to be of no concern as far as navigating around my face during the shave. Great, great razor and I am very happy I was able to get hold of one.

Other gear

Used the New Forest Tubby 2 for the first time. That handle does feel massive but in a fun way and the knot was superb to use this morning.
    Applied some Acqua di Eucaliptio by Extro' in Turin, Italy. This 200ml bottle sells for about 4-5 Euro/6-7 dollars and is a very non-intrusive post shave splash. No strong scent or perceived skin benefits - just a nice, fresh eucalyptus water. I rather like it but not 100% sure I will buy it again, we'll see once I've used it a bit more.

[​IMG]

Douglas Carey and Boojum1 like this.
  18. JR Reyes

What size of knot is in that brush Clint?

Douglas Carey likes this.
  19. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

JR I will measure it this evening and get you the info.

20. JR Reyes

No worries..thanks Clint