Recommend a bottle of wine

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by txskimo, Dec 11, 2015.

1. figment714

figment714 Well-Known Member

Alternatively, pour a whole bottle into a blender and pulse it a couple of times... Boom - instantly aerated.

2. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

Bully Hill Meat Market Red.

3. DDuckyMark

DDuckyMark Ducky Duck and the Hiding Bunch

I like some of my local wines. Dublin comes to mind but I'm not sure how far they sell. So far I haven't had any bad choices from that brand. I have had some that were too sweet or not sweet enough for me but other people love them so its alot like everything else on this forum, YMMV.

Double Edge Dougy likes this.
  4. americanshamrock

americanshamrock Let's Make a Deal! Staff Member

Hmmm... I'll have to see if I can find a bottle of Justin Cabernet for SWMBO. Thanks for the recommendation.

5. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

I like a nice Chianti Classico with steak. Fava beans are optional.

PLANofMAN likes this.
  6. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I hope you can find it. It's a nice complex wine.

americanshamrock likes this.
  7. Double Edge Dougy

Double Edge Dougy Well-Known Member

I mostly buy affordable wine like stella rosa or tobin james...if $ not a big problem a nickel and nickel cab might be nice

8. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Llano Estacado fueled many a grill party in SW Houston in the late nineties. Good. Cheap. TX Party Wine. Matches well with TX style of BBQ.

txskimo likes this.
  9. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Liver, not steak.
    [​IMG]

10. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

It's all red meat.

11. Single Malt Whiskers

Single Malt Whiskers Active Member

@txskimo , I hope you have been continuing your foray into wine since your post! Good decision on picking up an aerator, most vintages need some time to breathe but who's got time for that? For under $20 you should always be able to pick up a good bottle of wine (if you know where to look...) unless perhaps you're in a state with really high alcohol tax in which case my condolences. Just in case you're wondering and are ever going to make a spicy steak again, my favorite wine is a Catena Malbec (which is usually paired with grilled meats) and it's not a bank breaker at between $20-30 but just a bit out of reach for an every night drink (at least for me lol). I find that anything over $30 or $40 really isn't much of an improvement and obviously it's all about what you think tastes good. Good luck in the world of viticulture!

12. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

My wife has had me pick up some Bare Naked Grapes wine lately. They were white, I think Pinot Gregio. This wine tastes pretty good.

13. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

I'm tired of the repetitive grape varieties like Cabernet Savignon and Merlot. I lean towards meaty old world reds like those that are indigenous to Portugal and Spain. Pricing is not outrageous but the quality is fantastic.

14. KCphotog

KCphotog Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    Stone Pillar Vineyards is my favorite wine maker and they can ship to many states.

Late Harvest Vignoles - white dessert wine with a nice unique honey taste......not super sweet like many ice wines or dessert wines. This is my absolute favorite wine!

Prairie Fire - Dry red, smoky aroma, dark cherry tones

Prairie Star Blush - semi sweet blush wine with a good fresh light fruit flavor. Great wine for new wine drinkers.