The Haul: December 2015

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by RaZorBurn123, Nov 30, 2015.

1. RyX

RyX DoH!

I'm still in my first year, with no thought of a NoBuy period. Well a little thought. Dadgum flea markets keep putting Gillettes in my face. Third model 195 is not as pretty as the others, but it's my birth year & quarter. Being a bit brassy it'll be the one I send out for a refinish. Not sure if I'd do Delta Echo or Rhodium
    gillette fatboy GI.gif

2. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Nice score. The Delta Echo's are wicked looking. When I find one that needs redoing i will go there.
    Keep us posted.

3. RyX

RyX DoH!

Lots of good Boar Breaking In to do! Congratulations.
    I'll be watching to see your reviews & hope for comparisons betwixt the three.

Omelmad and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  4. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

Thanks. I love me some boar :)

Omelmad and Robyflexx like this.
  5. Fred Hill

Fred Hill Well-Known Member

Great Christmas! 000_0647.JPG (Maybe...Just One MORE?) [Date on photo is wrong!) It should read 12/28/2015] :angry019:

6. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Redfisher and clint64 like this.
  7. Mustache

Mustache Well-Known Member

Awesome collection! I also see your AVON razor on the far left. I have two of them, one full and one empty.

Redfisher, Misphit and Robyflexx like this.
  8. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Russian blades arrived. Better late than never, apparently via the Volga trade route by camel and yak.
    image.jpeg

Attached Files:

9. Robyflexx

10. Misphit

Misphit Rest In Peace

Red Rider and Robyflexx like this.
  11. DDuckyMark

DDuckyMark Ducky Duck and the Hiding Bunch

My Mysterious Mystery Box arrived! It had in it an Our Leader JAS.G.BARRY Co. Chicago Ill's Made in Germany. It also had 2 rocks, er, stones, er hones. One is purple and one is grey. They are both about the same size as my old chipped barber's hone. I'm not sure what they are but I'll be playing with them very soon. I dislocated my toe a few days ago so I'm doing my best to stay off my feet. I'll likely start playing as soon as I find out what they are relative to my other hones. I'll take pictures and add them to this post as soon as my fiance is done with the phone. It has the best camera.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 28, 2015
  12. Robyflexx

Guys my Bullgoose black beauty came in. Super fast shipping I ordered this Sat. 26. It's a long handle, weighty with great grip. Will test it tomorrow and post impressions. Very impressed considering the price on this. Pics below:

IMG_20151228_164811.jpg
    IMG_20151228_164834.jpg

13. IDuck

IDuck Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Look forward to this one. As I have another from my favorite soap maker.

edit: the scent to me is very similar to XXX, all the reviews said similar to aqua di parma (not familar with that scent so cant confrim), and performs like every SV....LOVE IT

14. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I received a jar of Caties Bubbles Ocean Grove from @Herm2502 Thank you so much!
    I also received a Maggard V3A head (aggressive)
    It's gunmetal, the finish is pretty nice, cost $7.20.
    image.jpg
    Look at that blade gap!!!
    image.jpg

15. Robyflexx

Wow super combo!. Lot of blade exposure, time for some close shaves. The soap sounds great too. Enjoy :happy036:

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  16. Robyflexx

Boy I'm sure lucky I had a Merkur head. That head is rough. Missed sanding at the assembly line. :happy097:

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  17. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Today, I had a surprise in the mail. @Redfisher adopted one of my brushes and decided to send me this nice little GEM for my SE collection. It is a very nice specimen. Thanks again, Redfisher.

Inside the lid it says:

Extra Wear
    Trade Mark
    Hosiery for Men
    The Fisher Co.
    GEM
    Made in the U.S.A.

GEM_dec15_04.JPG

GEM_dec15_05.JPG

GEM_dec15_06.JPG

18. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

The Ocean Grove smells great!! I can't wait for tomorrow, the Maggard head surprisingly looks really good, the MR22 handle/V3A feel well balanced. I'll let you know tomorrow. :)

Robyflexx likes this.
  19. Robyflexx

Awesome, look forward to reading your thoughts. The handle is amazing, looks grippie too. :happy088:

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  20. JR Reyes

JR Reyes I scream for....chicken wings??

clint64, Jayaruh and Robyflexx like this.