What Do Women Like?

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by lovenhim, Oct 13, 2009.

1. noxlord

noxlord New Member

Womens like a men to smell "manly". Vanilla and peppermint are mot manly. Musk, sandalwood and menthol are manly.

Paul Turner and PLANofMAN like this.
  2. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

It depends of the taste.

3. mpearce

mpearce New Member

If you don't mind to spend some money Creed is the only way to go. I have gotten so many compliments on it. And it is way cool, I mean how many can say Presidents and Kings wear the same.

4. Geordon

Geordon New Member

I'm not having a lot of luck with Creed. I ordered a 5-pack of samples and have been working through them. I've got Green Valley, Green Irish Tweed, Royal English Leather, Tabarome Millesime and Original SAntal.

SWMBO put the nix on all but Tabarome and Santal. GIT and GV were deemed too flowery, and Royal English Leather was deemed to come across as flaming homosexual... Which I would trust her opinion on HIGHLY, since her father was an open homosexual hair-dresser in the Castro district (highly gay populated) of
    San Francisco and she grew up summers there.

SHe liked the Tabarome better than the Santal, but wasn't head over heels over either. I'm hoping that the Truefitt & Hill sampler has better results.:o

BabyBottomSmooth likes this.
  5. haiti222

haiti222 Member

Yeah, I don't like to smell like vanilla. I had some Givency Pi,and to me it smelled almost totally like vanilla. Had to give it away....

6. El Comanche

El Comanche New Member

My wife and every woman that has smelled "L'Homme" by Yves Saint Laurent on me goes nuts over the stuff. I'm pretty picky about scents and chose it on my own first. But it is nice to get the ladies thumbs up. For the cheap stuff, my wife can tolerate Aqua Velva Musk, and I love the scent.

Paul Turner likes this.
  7. southernscribbler

southernscribbler Well-Known Member

Well, after 3 months of wet shaving, I finally asked the wife, point blank which of my a/s she liked the best. She told me the Clubman Bay Rum was nice and she also likes my Mennen skin Bracer knock off as well. She's not real big on the Brut or the Aqua velva. I'm not keen on the AV, myself. I know that comment may bring a hail storm of boo's to me, but it's the last in my limited a/s aresenal that I'll use. Just don't care for the scent. Long live Bay Rum!

Paul Turner likes this.
  8. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

:happy096:happy096:happy096:happy096
    :bounce:bounce

9. DMFA

DMFA New Member

Aqua Velva ice blue

Paul Turner likes this.
  10. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    My girlfriend likes me to smell like a man, so I get to wear Pinaud Clubman, Old Spice, Barber Shop scents and anything with the word "Leather" in it's name. She absolutely loves RL Safari, which is a plus, as I wear that 90% of the time anyways.

She put the nix on Brut "smells like my dad" Aftershave and anything with lavender as a primary scent. "Why would you want to smell like soap?"

She also likes my Old Spice Hawkridge body wash and Axe (I know, I know) Dark Temptation body wash. I tested her at the store with other fresh and fruity fragrances. She wrinkled her nose at me and gave me a disgusted look.

This one might be a keeper, guys.

Paul Turner and CarlfromMO like this.
  11. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

One of life's great mysteries and one to which we will never the answer.

Being single and in addition to traditional shaving perfume is also a hobby for me with more than 40 different bottles. I wear a different fragrance everyday and can say there is not one perfume I have that is universally liked by all my female friends. What one loves, another hates. This along with many other questions about the opposite sex I have come to accept that I will never understand. Viva la differencé.

My main smart aleck girlfriend only likes the perfumes she selected for me.

Sara-s, Troy M, Bama Samurai and 2 others like this.
  12. RyX

RyX DoH!

When you find the scent that She agrees to, look em up here;

www.basenotes.net

The site may help you understand what went into making it smell that way, and lead you to other similar products.

Paul Turner likes this.
  13. youngunn

youngunn Where's my TSD aftershave balm???

I have a variety of scents I love and my wife lives on me.

Spicebomb
    Terre d'Hermes
    Yves Saint Laurent, l'Homme, l'Nuit, and Intense, they all smell heavenly.
    Pinaud VI Bay Rum
    Stetson

No Brut, no Old Spice (but I still sneak it sometimes)

Troy M likes this.
  14. Whitemtntn

Whitemtntn New Member

My wife likes Caswell Massey Michelsen's Bay Rum.

15. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

3 oldies(but goodies!!).

16. Paul Turner

On your #3, I tried Aqua Velva musk a long time ago, and liked it. To paraphrase Billy Joel(from An Innocent Man-my favorite song) "I'm not above going through it again". :)

17. Paul Turner

she didn't like the Namath ads, eh?

18. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I've found a great way to see that my hubby never wears a scent I hate; I make all of his colognes. On him, I like citrus scents (such as bergamot or lemon), woodsy scents ( a blend of blue spruce & cedar) and spicy scents (bergamot/black pepper blend.)

SevenEighth, Troy M, RyX and 2 others like this.
  19. Paul Turner

That'd be Clubman, Aqua Velva Musk, and Old Spice(the original), right? Oh, I see, you focus on the blending in of it all.

20. pundi64

pundi64 Well-Known Member

My Thai girlfriend does, she about raped me when she first smelled it on me, does that answer your question?

Troy M likes this.