How's your day? February 2016

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by macaronus, Feb 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Whatchadoin'?

coffee minion taking notes.jpg

Intrigued likes this.
  2. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

The first school day of the month has been cancelled due to snow, so I'm up at 4:00 a.m. and cruising TSD! I really need to convince my body that more than 6 hours of sleep is good.

3. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

"They" have discovered how much sleep the average person really needs.

Five more minutes :sleep025:. :D

4. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

Wow, that's the first thing "they" have said that makes sense.

Intrigued and macaronus like this.
  5. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

I'm just enjoying another early day in tax season.

Troy M likes this.
  6. '65 G-Slim

'65 G-Slim Well-Known Member

At work...had my biscuit, sausage patty, and gravy & cup of fake coffee (stupid Flavia machine spat it out everywhere). Foggy drive in, nice & quiet (so far).

Life is good.

7. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

I wanted to aid SWMBO who was doing the dishes in the kitchen, so I started skipping towards her (I can be a jolly fellow, y'know!). Then something popped in the back of my knee. Ouch! Stretching my leg hurts. Trying to stand on my toes hurts. A lot.

So now I'm sitting on the couch with my leg up and you may see me limping around when I wander through the house. Bummer.

I've had better starts of the week. But then again I had a great shave this morning so I've got that going for me which is nice. :)

8. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Not funny, but I did laugh at the visual. Sorry. Hope you're doing well soon.

Intrigued, richgem and macaronus like this.
  9. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

Replaced dishwasher over the weekend:

Removing old dishwasher, including turning off water at sink, finding and shutting off breaker, disconnecting hoses and power, and physically extracting appliance = roughly 30 minutes
    Unboxing, perusing manual, installing, reconnecting hoses and power, turning water and breaker back on = roughly 20 minutes

The 90 minutes in between = trying to get the ^&$#%# %#@^@* ^&^$ &$^# ^&56453 #^$&# thing level!!!! And dealing with the *$!^&$^% insulation stuff in, back out, in, out, in, out, in, out, in, out......
    :angry032:

10. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

If you post your video of replacing the dishwasher, I'll post my video of me skipping through the living room and 'popping' my knee! We may have to start a new thread on slapstick video's! :happy102:

Seriously: you must be glad that it is over for some years!

11. sol92258

Hmmm, interesting idea....too bad (and thankfully) I didn't record the process. All was well in the beginning, with exception to the mouse excrement - and skeleton. Yuck. All was well at the end. But the middle part while trying to get it level would have been heavily edited, and possibly photoshopped :D
    Hopefully it's over for awhile, not sure how old the previous one was, I know it was over 13 years old, it was there when we bought the house.

But really, the video thread idea has merit...

Redrock, richgem and macaronus like this.
  12. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Getting older hurts. :(

Get better fast.

Redrock, macaronus and Intrigued like this.
  13. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Got a haircut this morning-it's been pretty quiet so far, but I'll be at the gym working out a little later.

14. Paul Turner

sorry to hear about your knee, Mac...hope you can get it taken care of soon.

Slow Joe and macaronus like this.
  15. richgem

Is it February already? Hard to tell with the 80+ weather I'm in at the moment. ;) Well, all good things must come to an end. Back to cold New England tomorrow. :(

Redrock and macaronus like this.
  16. Paul Turner

wasn't cold here today, actually, or yesterday, but then it wasn't 80.

17. sol92258

had to turn the A/C on here yesterday

macaronus likes this.
  18. '65 G-Slim

'65 G-Slim Well-Known Member

It got up to 86 yesterday on my ride back from seeing the grandkids...I was about to shed my leathers when I got to La Grange, it was getting so warm. Gee, can't wait for August.

19. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Hope it's nothing serious. :angelic013:

Mid 60s here today. But I hear you, I'll be in St Maarten next February.

This February, I'll be spending lots of time with my eye doctor. The 10th will be for a shot in my eye. On my birthday, the 24th, I'll be getting laser vision. Uh, I mean laser eye surgery for diabetic retinopathy.

20. richgem

Heres to next feb and hoping this one goes smoothly.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.