How's your day? February 2016

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by macaronus, Feb 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Off to house get together this evening to meet a blogger from local auto site. Fellow blogger also visiting who happens to own\operate an east coast micro brewery . Great timing wife away and not much to do this Sat night.
    Hope he brought some beer samples.
    Got together with these guys this summer for tour of Legendary Motorcar Company followed by local brewery tour and bbq.
    Man, I miss the summer here although it's been a mild winter. Still not summer sun or temps.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2016
    RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  2. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

+1 !!

It is! :D

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2016
    macaronus likes this.
  3. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Well, it beats closet drinking. hic

macaronus likes this.
  4. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Interesting morning. I was tutoring my Afghan student, who is very bright. One of her brothers is in college, and wants to improve his English. SO, although he is not part of her school program, I am happy to help him. So today I wanted to assess his level of proficiency. While he has much to learn, he is also quite intelligent and knew concepts such as synonym, antonym & homonym. Just for fun, I taught him the phrase "tongue-twister."

Last edited: Feb 7, 2016
  5. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

My day began well....I put the REGULAR birdfood back in my feeder(it was missing when I needed it last). Made some shaving-related changes to prepare for new items(some I know are coming, some I "hope"). My "den" isn't as big as many I've seen here.

macaronus likes this.
  6. richgem

Had to share my "crazy diet"* results as of this morning and since two Sundays ago (last time I was on a scale previous to vacation).

As of today... down 1.96 lbs, of which, 1.49 was fat loss bringing my weight down to 167.2 lbs at 18.4%.

*for those who missed my other thread, "crazy diet" = fasting for 16 hours a day (except water and black coffee) leaving me with an 8-hour window to eat pretty much whatever I want (within reason), when I want.

7. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Yet another episode of what to do when the wife is away.
    Decided to utilize some rice and veggies in fridge and made a fusion stir fry.
    Jamaican jerk/black bean sauce seasoned chicken. Steam veggies and stir fried rice.
    image.jpeg

Surprised myself on this one. Tasted better than expected and with the right amount of heat after I added a bit of sriracha sauce on top of my bowl.
    I steamed veggies and mushrooms using colander on top of pot with some boiling water.

Attached Files:

8. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I just bought sriracha ketchup(Heinz). They threw a little garlic in it.

Red Rider likes this.
  9. '65 G-Slim

'65 G-Slim Well-Known Member

Woke up early & had a cup...ordered 30 more blades...replaced a 20-year-old security light over the rear deck for my landlady...too nice a day *not* to take a ride out on FM150...took a lunch break at Sonic, then hit the twisties...and back home, piddlin' around on the interwebz.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 7, 2016
  10. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Is that a clear water channel in a lake, river? Any bass fishing, trout? :love055:

11. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

My day has been very stressful. We just spent half the day taking care of a family crisis. I'm burnt and looking forward to relaxing in front of the game with a small group of friends.

macaronus and Robyflexx like this.
  12. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

You should have just asked her if she needed a hand, then if she said yes, start clapping. Of course, you might have ended up with worse than a damaged knee.

macaronus, lradke and mrchick like this.
  13. '65 G-Slim

It's Onion Creek. Probably catch some crappie, but that's about it.

Robyflexx likes this.
  14. Robyflexx

Crappie is good pan fish! :drool:

15. '65 G-Slim

I see 'em in Barton Creek when there's a decent amount of water in it...some look to be a foot long. Don't know where they go when the creek dries up.

Robyflexx likes this.
  16. Robyflexx

Darn sneaky fish! :happy102:

17. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

I just noticed I'm almost at 2800 posts (two away now)! Not bad for joining the forum in.....2009...lol! ;)

18. richgem

slow and steady wins the race :)

RaZorBurn123 and lradke like this.
  19. lradke

Yeah..."slow" indeed! Lol!

mrchick likes this.
  20. lradke

Ads are typed and emailed off for review. My brother in law is reviewing them (very successful entrepreneur) and giving me valuable advice. Now for the dishes...then bed!

macaronus likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.