Aqua Velva Ice Balm

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by Htownmmm, Mar 4, 2007.

1. Htownmmm

Htownmmm Member

Just recently picked up a bottle of this to try on someone's recommendation. So far, no complaints. Light scent that dissipates-if you didn't know it, you would not think it was aqua velva.

Is it as good as others-no, but I believe it can compare to the Nivea ASB old formula very well. Plus, it's cheap price wise and available everywhere. :signs107

Add to this the fact that a black male is recommending Aqua Velva( a sure sign of the apocalypse!) and you won't be sorry for your purchase

Marty

jeraldgordon likes this.
  2. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

I like this stuff. I don't use it often (my go-to is Coral Skin Food) but I like it. I know Will and Rick like the Ice Blue Aqua Velva, but I just didn't think I could handle the alcohol burn. But this balm is very soothing.

3. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

Marty, I love your sense of humor! And then there's your sig line. :roflA belated welcome to The Shave Den.

Now if we could just find some figure skaters for ya...(you know, to go with the NHL guys!) :)

4. Will

Will Nevermind

Marty,

You using AV is not as strange as all the white guys I know with a can of Murrys Hair Cream. :D

And My brother inlaw using Magic Shave Powder.

5. smithno

smithno New Member

In my search for cheap+good ASBs, the Aqua Velva is one of the winners in my book. The local Kroger had it on clearance for $2.80 recently. I picked up two. Others on my winner's list are Nivea, Neutragena Triple Protection Lotion, and Brute ASBs. I didn't like the Brute scent when I was a teenager and still don't like it as an old guy, but if you can get past the scent, it's a good, cheap ASB. One step up from these are any of the St. Charles Shave AS Milk products. At $10, they are a little pricier, but I really like the Savory Rose and the Lavender one. Poraso ASB is also wonderful, but at $13 it may not seem to fit into the cheap category. It is Trumpers, Taylors, etc.

Norm

6. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Marty, I tried the Aqua Velva Ice Balm once, and you're right about it not smelling at all like Aqua Velva. The problem is, my darn skin screamed "OUCH"! so I had to give it away after 1 application. There are only a few a/shave balms I can use without having any issues.

Jeff

7. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

Hey !!
    I use some of that (on my goat....tee, that is :cool: )

8. Will

Will Nevermind

Thanks for proving my point. :rolleyes: :D ;)

9. Htownmmm

Htownmmm Member

I used Murray's years ago-when I had hair. :p

You might have to have a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng talk with your brother in law or we'll send over the 'shave police'. ;)

Marty

10. Will

Will Nevermind

We have had the talk :rofl

I think he needs a Shave-avention.

11. Padron

Padron Active Member

Ahh, Where can I find this stuff? Never seen it before. :confused:

12. Htownmmm

Htownmmm Member

Wal-Mart,CVS,Target, stores like that. It's very inexpensive also.

Marty

13. Padron

Padron Active Member

Thanks Marty, I'll keep checking, my local Wal-Mart didn't have any as of 2 days ago.

14. qaswer

qaswer New Member

I am afraid that i can't afford it but reviews about this ,I am impressed despite that i am not fond of AV .