Opinions/Survey Unscented Shave Soap

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Salty Belle, Feb 8, 2016.

1. Salty Belle

Salty Belle Well-Known Member

Looking for opinions on unscented/fragrance free soap offering. Do any of you use or know someone who uses/must use unscented shave soap? Trying to decided whether to make some or not!

Thanks, K

2. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

I don't, but I know there are folks here who do.
    Maybe create a YES/NO poll to make it easier to keep track?

Salty Belle likes this.
  3. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

I think there are some who need unscented options for various reasons. I sometimes enjoy unscented so it doesn't compete with any other scents you may want (after shave, cologne, etc).

Salty Belle and Robyflexx like this.
  4. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    I have one unscented soap: a puck of vintage AOS Tallow. (Not including my vintage Williams, that have pretty much become unscented) ;)

Salty Belle and Robyflexx like this.
  5. RyX

RyX DoH!

I'm not allergic or sensitive to any Essential Oils, and am enjoying the parade of wonderful scents from soaps, cremes, after shaves, & balms. My only need for unscented would be to have a very desirable product with exceptional qualities that I might experiment in adding scent myself. That being said, I am happy with others choices and pleased with their offerings.

Robyflexx likes this.
  6. MoAllen

MoAllen King of Unscented

I have avoided all fragrances on my face for several years now, and my rosacea has largely disappeared. The dermatologist was very pleased last time she checked my face.

I have purchased fragrant soaps as gifts several times and found myself enjoying the aromas, but I know I can't use them.

I make a point of finding and using as many fragrance free soaps and creams as I can. The fragrance free soaps vary considerably in their appearance and aromas. I enjoy the subtle differences in lather quality and natural aromas, rotating regularly through my collection, which is currently about a dozen.

One exception I have found to the fragrance free rule is Mystic Water "Sensitive", which has "soothing herbs" with a slight botanical fragrance. My face likes that one. I'm currently out, but I put it on my birthday wish list.

Salty Belle and RyX like this.
  7. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I have a couple of unscented soaps that I enjoy, I do have sensitive skin and if I can find a soap that's lightly scented or unscented I'll click the buy button. Knowing the quality of your soap I believe it would be a great addition to your line.

Robyflexx and Salty Belle like this.
  8. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Personally, I enjoy the scents too much to buy unscented soaps. It is part of the appeal of wet shaving for me.

9. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

I love the scent choices we have nowadays, plus the number of soap makers to choose from. Scented lather was how I got into DE shaving in the first place, but sometimes I will use a vintage soap that has lost it's scent, because the performance is awesome. I do like variety and prefer scented soaps most of the time.

10. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

I would buy unscented soaps so I can finish my shave with a special cologne or aftershave. For instance the scent in the Tabac soap stays for a long time. When I've used my colognes with it, the scents tend to mingle or fight each other. So I would love unscented .

11. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Never had a problem with mixing scents.

My shampoo has a different scent than my shower soap,
    that has a different scent than my PSO,
    that has a different scent than my shave soap,
    that has a different scent than my aftershave,
    that has a different scent than my cologne,
    that has a different scent than my pit stick.

All said and done, my wife tells me I smell good!

Salty Belle likes this.
  12. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

I'd be interested. Also would be interested in a Eucalyptus/Menthol with nothing else. Your soap base is most excellent!

13. Salty Belle

Salty Belle Well-Known Member

Thank you all! I justknow I've talked with a few people must use unscented/fragrance free only due to various skin conditions, sensitivities and/or allergies. They love wet shaving, but fragrance free shaving soap is hard to find.
    Appreciate the insights.

MoAllen and Robyflexx like this.
  14. Porter

Porter Well-Known Member

I've started getting into unscented soaps, my skin is relatively sensitive and very few soap fragrances have been good enough to justify the irritation. The following soap makers have unscented versions, and have fairly good protection/post-shave properties. I'm really enjoying B&M unscented, it lets me evaluate performance all on its own.

Barrister and Mann
    Mystic Water Sensitive
    Stirling
    Mike's Natural

15. Porter

Porter Well-Known Member

Ah, I just read your post properly. I really appreciate when soap makers make unscented products. It's probably not the most cost-efficient option, but those of us who prefer/require unscented/fragrance free options really appreciate when you give us the option.