How's your day? February 2016

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by macaronus, Feb 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Yesterday. I had a popup on my iPhone 6plus that said I need to reset my 6 digit pass-lock code in 60 seconds. Wouldn't you know it I fell for it.
    I WAS LOCKED OUT OF MY IPHONE FOREVER!!!!
    Well after spending 2 hours with AT&T and then Apple Support I was finally able toooooooooooo take back my iPhone. I had to do a complete reset, Apple had to get into my computer and do some stuff in order for this all go down.
    I'm the one telling my wife not to fall for this crap and I did. :angry021: Let's hope no one got any information. Yes, my bank has been notified. :(

2. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

better to sleep with the dishes than the fishes. :)

Slow Joe, lradke and Robyflexx like this.
  3. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

That's unfortunate Kerry, but on the bright side you covered all the bases buddy. Your golden! :)

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  4. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Been struggling with the purchase a 1938 Gillette Senator OC and a 1947 Gillette Aristocrat case and blade holder from older gentlemen way too far for me to drive to.
    He is reluctant to sell over the internet as he puts it and wants cash in hand. I've agreed to his asking price but that isn't the issue.
    Takes 24/48 hrs to reply to emails. Gut tells me I may still have half a chance. Fine line here. I'm not being pushy since I don't want to scare him but still expressing interest.

Sen&more.JPG
    EDIT : YEAH !! GOT IT. ETA EARLY NEXT WEEK

Last edited: Feb 8, 2016
    Slow Joe, RaZorBurn123 and macaronus like this.
  5. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

I hope it works out. I know what it is like with people not liking to sell over the internet...kind of frustrating, but my experience has shown me they don't mean to be standoffish... They are just uncomfortable.

Slow Joe and Red Rider like this.
  6. Red Rider

Yes thanks. Taking baby steps. If it ever happens may take up to 1 month+. Two weeks of slow communications. Followed by sending cheque by mail and waiting to clear. Waiting 1 week for cheque to clear. Did a similar transaction last month and found it to be worth while, some great finds. Always risky buying blindly online as I have had both failure and successes. Luckily more successes than failures.

lradke likes this.
  7. Dapper-in-a-can-man

Dapper-in-a-can-man and Dad-on-hand

Hey all, I haven't been able to respond to anything on here because my phone is junky. Oh, I have to have my transmission rebuilt... yay

macaronus likes this.
  8. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

:happy102:

I could have done that.

Once. Only once.

Oops... Luckily you were quick to realise you'd been had. And luckily you acted quickly on it!

Erik Redd likes this.
  9. rmcintyre84

rmcintyre84 Got out of the kitchen

I live over 400 miles from where I grew up, and almost 600 miles from where I attended college (Marshall University, Huntington, WV). Last night, the wife and I went to a local bar/restaurant for a trivia contest. When we arrived, I saw a young man in a WVU sweatshirt. There is, of course, a rivalry between the two universities, but I still root for WVU as long as they're not playing Marshall.

I struck up a conversation with the young man and his father. It was all polite small talk. The father, however, couldn't resist getting in a poke. "What do you say to a Marshall graduate on your front porch?" Since "there is nothing new under the sun," I had heard this before, and quickly answered, "Thanks for the pizza."

Then I looked at him quite sternly and said, "You get one."

When the evening was over, I asked him, "What six words are every WVU graduate required to memorize before graduation?" He said, "I don't know." I answered, "Do you want fries with that?"

They did beat us in trivia, though.

10. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Sorry it came up. Family does indeed come first.

Robyflexx likes this.
  11. Paul Turner

My day is good so far. Got my oil changed-just right for the cold 3 months ahead-well, I suppose it warms up A LITTLE by April and early May.

12. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Thank you! We got through it and things are better

swarden43 and Paul Turner like this.
  13. Red Rider

Picking up wife and younger son from airport this evening. Here is a pick of my 6'3" 15 year old son enjoying a Mexico siesta. He's now over a foot taller than his mom.

fifeteen2.jpg

14. Dapper-in-a-can-man

Dapper-in-a-can-man and Dad-on-hand

My ankle is trying to take away my walking rights again.

15. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

:happy088:

That's a bummer, Dapper! Take care, mate! Sending prayers and supporting thoughts!

mrchick likes this.
  16. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

We survived a near 72 hour internet outage. Apparently it was only us.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  17. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

No wonder he' so tall. It's all that sunshine..

Paul Turner, Red Rider and Robyflexx like this.
  18. Paul Turner

Does he want to play team basketball(I'm tired of seeing it referred to as "hoops")?

19. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    It's really hard to hold still when someone's trying to put a needle in your eye. :scared001:

macaronus likes this.
  20. Red Rider

He's more of a football (gridiron) fan. He has a great arm. Accuracy and reach.

Paul Turner likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.