What are some of your hobbies?

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by fzrider, Jan 4, 2014.

1. Turk

Turk Well-Known Member

Not really. I started quite a while ago and the field has blossomed. For about $500 US you can get the BIGY from FTDNA and find out all kinds of things about your lineage and yourself. It will even tell you (if you want to know) what you have the probability of getting physically. I don't really want to know that as I have a tendency to worry about stuff already. I have a papertrail back to 1725 in Italy but wanted to know where our family originally came from. Its well worth the effort and a great hobby to get into. Here is the link to a paper I co-wrote. There are many forums to participate in and you meet folks from all over the world. Example is the paper below. He is a scientist from Azerbaijan.

Attached Files:

2. rmcintyre84

rmcintyre84 Got out of the kitchen

Back in the day (1983-2005): powerlifting (181 lb. weight class), percussion, juggling, fly fishing/tying, table tennis, cigars.

Present: reading (history, bios, ministry, graphic novels), conga drums (looking for a band), learning bass, storytelling, shaving collectibles.

Bama Samurai and Dzia Dzia like this.
  3. Dzia Dzia

Dzia Dzia Entitled to whine

You forgot collecting nice fedoras.

... To be continued...
    wine-3.GIF
    Don

Bama Samurai likes this.
  4. rmcintyre84

rmcintyre84 Got out of the kitchen

Woops. Forgot that one.

Bama Samurai likes this.
  5. 90quattrcoupe

90quattrcoupe Well-Known Member

I read a lot. Up until about 10 years ago, I collected 1st edition books of about 56 different authors. Have about 2500 books, with about 1/2 signed. Collected the early Star Wars books. Have a couple of the 1st Edition paperbacks that came out before the movie did in 1977. Since my son is not really interested in my books, I am going to start selling them off. I would say about 3/4 of my authors have passed away.

Greg W.

Bama Samurai, 24Fanatic365 and Turk like this.
  6. Ceferguson

Ceferguson Well-Known Member

Wood working and learning how to use the lathe,
    Just finished my first two makeup brushes made on the lathe today, one is red cedar the other is Louisiana cypress wood

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

7. KCphotog

KCphotog Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    I have tons of hobbies......and none are cheap!

Sport shooting
    [​IMG]

Saltwater Aquariums
    [​IMG]

Radio control rock crawlers
    [​IMG]

Lathe work
    [​IMG]

Disc Golf

And of course photography...
    [​IMG]

I also like antiques....

BeShaved and Turk like this.
  8. Turk

Turk Well-Known Member

Wow! How do you ever find the time to participate in all those hobbies, or do you rotate them out like I do...

9. KCphotog

KCphotog Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    Well, the saltwater tanks take up pretty little time, the shooting, RC and Disc Golf are kinda rotated. I just get together with friends here and there and do them. I wish I was able to make it to the shooting range more than I do. And photography I end up incorporating into all the other hobbies as well, including wet shaving of course!

10. TheManWithNoName

TheManWithNoName Well-Known Member

Aside from being a man who loves a good wet shave—I'm not sure why this is considered a hobby since we all need to shave (unless we want to look like a mountain man or we're growing a "playoff beard" to support the team [that's a Seinfeld reference])—other hobbies of mine include collecting antiques of a mathematical or scientific nature (especially slide rules), playing hockey, fishing, and playing the violin/fiddle and mandolin, though I suck at playing both, lol.

11. BeShaved

BeShaved Well-Known Member

Read books not e-books.

Learning how to and build my website: http://beshaved.com

Just acquired RAD and love looking at vintage Gillettes. Hope I have a million dollars to spend on them.

Is drinking coffee a hobby?

TheManWithNoName likes this.
  12. ARGH

ARGH Well-Known Member

Archery
    Guitar
    Guns
    TaeKwonDo
    Harleys

13. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

To answer your coffee question, no. Drinking coffee is a way of life :eatdrink013:

RyX and BeShaved like this.
  14. ARGH

ARGH Well-Known Member

I think drinking coffee is a hobby. Right?

I just read Atlas Shrugged. After the first 50 pages my eyes were so batty I had to buy it for kindle just to increase the font. Getting old.

Douglas Carey and BeShaved like this.
  15. BeShaved

Haha.. I also buy books with bigger fonts now.

Douglas Carey likes this.
  16. BeShaved

You're right. It is a way of life.

17. K-zone

K-zone Well-Known Member

My carpentry skills have been taxed crafting oak razor stands (with more spaces) as the herd has expanded over the past thee years. Just when you think you're good for awile, you see that one you've been looking for....

Other than that it's nice to take the wife on a road trip or to a show, get the camper out, squeeze in some rimfire target shooting at the outdoor range, or take the boat out in search of a couple nice bass.

Unfortunately the list is longer than the hours available....

Variety is the Spice of Life

Douglas Carey, mrchick and BeShaved like this.
  18. Rusty blade

Rusty blade The Good Humor Man

Cooking (and eating)
    Classical guitar (playing)
    Opera (listening)
    Gardening (vegetables and flowers)
    Old movies (pre-1955) (watching)
    Old radio plays/shows (listening)

19. stream26

stream26 Member

Camping, cooking, reading, rafting, riding a bike, dancing (latino)

20. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

SR shaving
    Camping
    Booze