HBS Clean for men

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Scruffy1, May 28, 2008.

1. Scruffy1

Scruffy1 New Member

As a gift for a friend graduating university I got him a I3 Gillette Slim adjustable & a Col. Conk's badger hair brush, but I'm trying to decide on a soap for him.
    I'm ordering some HBS Sandalwood & Dragon's Blood for me and Juicy Strawberry for my wife, so I figured I'd get him a HB soap while I'm ordering already.

I'm thinking:
    1) Clean for men
    0r
    2) Cool Water

What are these two scents like, I know that the quality of the soap itself will be top notch but I don't know anything about the scents.

Or anything else you can recommend? He's a younger guy (21) and I don't think he even knows what wetshaving or a DE razor is. lol

2. Padron

Padron Active Member

How very nice of you. I have never tried Honey Bee Sue's versions of either of those, but the Cool Water is a nice scent if I recall correctly. Kinda smells like the beach or something like that :) A clean crisp scent ;)

3. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    +1 :)

4. Scruffy1

Scruffy1 New Member

I covered all bases and ordered both. lol

Thanks for the info. :)

5. Scruffy1

Scruffy1 New Member

Well, I got my soaps in today and we had family smell night. lol

The Clean for men smells GREAT by itself, kind of a hint of fruit. But with the Adidas, AV and Anthony Logistics it doesn't smell good at all. BUT, with the Col. Conk Lime A/S it smells VERY nice. My friend will love this!

Cool water for men, lovely fresh scent by itself. Put it with the Adidas a/s and a very nice combo! Smelt it with the A/V Blue and even nicer! Then put it with the Anthony Logistics and PURE heaven! This is going to be my go to combo, I hope it smells as good on my face as it does holding the 2 together!

6. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

Sounds great, Bryne, good to know you found the perfect combos of scents :)

7. Scruffy1

Scruffy1 New Member

I just got a call from my friend, I guess I won't be getting the razor back. lol He absolutely loves it! :)
    Quote "this is the best razor Ever!"

8. Htownmmm

Htownmmm Member

RESISTANCE IS FUTILE![​IMG]

marty

9. Scruffy1

Scruffy1 New Member

I've only been shaving like this for about 6 weeks or so now and have converted 3 people so far and am working on a 4th. lol

10. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

Very cool!