Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

You could be right, I just went by @mata_66 Schick comprehensive guide that is well done!
    schick_dating_chart_annotated (8).png
    schick_dating_chart_annotated (5).png
    schick_dating_chart_annotated (4).png

Last edited: Oct 19, 2019
    jimjo1031, BigD, MPF9 and 4 others like this.
  2. brit

brit in a box

very cool Clint..

clint64 likes this.
  3. jaro

jaro the dread and the fear

not all single edge razors are injectors hence the term injector and SE

clint64 likes this.
  4. jaro

jaro the dread and the fear

Ron R and clint64 like this.
  5. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

No I am right. Why would Schick market a razor to bikers and hippies who would have been perceived to be dirty and unshaven let alone do an official product tie in with an independently made movie that was not from a major Hollywood studio.

jimjo1031, Ron R and clint64 like this.
  6. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Gary.

brit likes this.
  7. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

One thing about shaving it is very opinionated when it comes to anything hardware or software..... and that's OK, maybe they should of called it the "easy slider".;)

brit and clint64 like this.
  8. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Supply V2 / 2 dot plate, Personna ptfe coat stainless blade, shave 6
    [​IMG]

This plate and blade combo is somewhere between a J2 and J1 the way it shaves. Close but I have some sandpaper like stubble on the face still in spots. Maybe this plate may work better for someone with less coarse and thick hair. Tomorrow's shave will be the same plate with a twin blade.

jimjo1031, GAW9576, BigD and 4 others like this.
  9. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

I believe he @mata_66 was going to upgrade down the road with another version with some photo's possibly and new information as it comes available is my understanding.
    Have some great shaves!

jimjo1031 and brit like this.
  10. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Sun 20th Oct.

Cyril Salter / Maseto ED. 2band
    MWF
    TNNSER 3D
    Gem S/S [ 4 ]
    Pitralon Classic A/S Lotion

My 4th consecutive Shave with this amazing little Razor. I am now getting used to its light weight, and my Shaves are getting better and better, this one of the face stroking variety.
    IMG_0193.jpg

jimjo1031, clint64, GAW9576 and 4 others like this.
  11. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Stop with the YMMV crap. This has nothing to do with how you or I think it shaves but how Schick was marketing the razor.

Proof here an actual tv ad from 1971 for the Easy Rider razor. It has to do with the razor guard. Notice the bumps on the guard not seen on other Type L razors.
    sea1.jpg

Notice there is no mention what so ever of the movie in the ad. If there was meant to be any it was through indirect triggering via color and name. Whether that was done on purpose or coincidental as a marketing ploy we'll never know right now. That is the YMMV crap here aka collection fictionalization of things after the fact.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2019
  12. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

I should almost start calling it Schick Sunday for myself, I like my Schick, GEM ..... razors and they usually deliver a nice shave when technique is good with a sharp blade. Schick made a lot of interesting (L type)theme razors also and I really enjoy that part of their history of injector razors.

Razor : Schick Canadian E2 injector- MFG 1930's
    Blade: Personna SS PTFE injector (4)
    Soap: Tabac
    Brush: Yaki Cashmere knot 24 mm
    Pre shave: Brush wash face with CeraVe hand bar soap + dab Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
    Post shave: Dickinson's witch hazel
    Post shave : Nivea balm + Fine fresh Vetiver AS with witch hazel
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + aftershave indicated minor irritation + 2 tiny blemish weepers= [​IMG]
    Sunday shave Oct 20-2019 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

jimjo1031, clint64, GAW9576 and 4 others like this.
  13. brit

brit in a box

cool shave Ron..love the e2

clint64 and Ron R like this.
  14. brit

brit in a box

how it was interpreted by the consumer at that time is what sometimes creates the myth also..

clint64 and Bird Lives like this.
  15. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Shake Sharps Mk1.0 x 2. BIC vs Treet (twin blades in each). BIC side felt better but I note that the blade sits very slightly closer to the guard on one razor so will switch tomorrow.[​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

jimjo1031, clint64, GAW9576 and 5 others like this.
  16. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

I think, at that time...I don"t remember ever connecting that razor with the movie....I mean, Easy Rider the movie was so "not about shaving"...It was absolutely about "counter culture" and dissing anything that had to do with 'cleaning up" or wearing a tie!

I think "Easy Wider" rolling papers tried to make a connection...but not Schick.

BTW...how does the Easy Rider L type shave compared to other 'L' types?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

clint64, BigD and brit like this.
  17. brit

brit in a box

very good..was very young and in england during this time..don't own and never used an L type..just thinking advertising..a lot of product manufacturers try to spin off other current ideas at times..think star wars ,space 1999 etc..

18. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

Ok today's shave pitted the Mighty Micromatic OC Bumpless version against the newcomer the TNNSER 3D in a knock down drag down match.
    Both razors against each other, and 6 days growth. The razors shared a new Gem SS PTFE blade. The padding was provided by Mer Shavings Fougere Orange Dunkys Milk soap on Two Band Badger. Proraso white pre shave balm prepared the ring. The TNNSER 3D took the first single stroke pass then the MMOC.

IMG_20191020_210104315.jpg

And the winner is the TNNSER 3D with a cleaner pass and no nick.
    Either way I still like the MMOC but the TNNSER 3D is a truly impressive razor. I did the rest of the first pass with the MMOC so it wouldn't feel bad but finished things off with the TNNSER 3D. This razor for me shaves great shallow or steep and doesn't make me pay on blood if I get a bit heavy handed, even on the more sensitive spots on my neck.

_IMG_000000_000000.jpg

jaro, jimjo1031, clint64 and 7 others like this.
  19. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Mon 21st Oct

RazoRock yn. 22mm
    P & B Spitfire
    TNNSER 3D
    Gem S/S [ 5 ]
    P & B Spitfire A/S Lotion

My 5th consecutive Shave with this amazing Razor, having adjusted my technique to match its weight, I have been getting trouble free Shaves. One would have to experience the use of one to understand what an amazing finish it delivers, up there with my Streamline and 1924.

IMG_0029.jpg

Last edited: Oct 21, 2019
    jimjo1031, clint64, brit and 6 others like this.
  20. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

OCtober 21st
    Razor: Gem MMOC
    Blade: Personna PTFE (3)
    Brush: Yaqi High Mountain White
    Pre-shave: Stirling Mentholated
    Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat
    PAA Galactic witch hazel
    PAA unscented Star Jelly
    AS: Aqua Velva Ice Blue

MWF on MWF OCtober

Good morning!
    [​IMG]

jimjo1031, clint64, Jayaruh and 8 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.