Micromatic Monday

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by GAW9576, Dec 2, 2019.

1. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

I had a fantastic shave with my Pat. 1900 Kampfe Bros Star today. The mixed badger boar brush performed quite well with Wickham Irish Fern.

IMG_28022022_082721_(1031_x_1031_pixel).jpg

jimjo1031 and Ron R like this.
  2. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

MMMonday, Feb28th 2022

Razor: Micromatic (MMOC)- Mfg 1930-41, great mid range, open comb + built to last. I get excellent shaves from the MMOC.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(10)- very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
    Soap: Razorock blue barber- mid range scent + excellent lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi 24mm Mew knot purple haze handle, excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, gentle scrub, excellent lather painter.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
    Post shave: Razorock blue barber AS with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion + scentless.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG]Excellent shave with my MMOC with a coated Gem blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

3. GAW9576

I had a very enjoyable seeing this morning with the Open Comb Gem Damaskeene, vintage Williams Mug Soap and my custom made Linen Micarta brush with SHD Badger knot from Maggards. And today's watch is the Casio world time on a 22 mm adjustable single pass NATO strap from cheapest NATO straps using JaysAndKays adapters.

IMG_07032022_083346_(1200_x_1199_pixel).jpg

4. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

GEMonday, March 7th 2022

Razor: Gem Junior bar lather catcher - Mfg 1907-11, excellent tame mid range, nice scrolling and workmanship, a joy to use.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(1) excellent sharp blade, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
    Soap: Italian barber Amici, nice mild scent of grapefruit + excellent lather protection.
    Brush: Yaqi 24mm high mountain silvertip badger- excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, great scrubber + great painter.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera Gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
    Post shave: Italian barber Amici with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion+ scentless.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS, + no irritation + no weepers =[​IMG]excellent shave with my Gem Jr bar with a Gem coated blade.
    SOTD March 7 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

5. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

ASRazor shave, Tue, Mar 8th 2022

Razor: Star Bar #4 model lather catcher- MFG 1919-20 Excellent tame mid range, well made, I get excellent shaves with this lather catcher. It might of been one of the last lather catchers Star made before going to more modern designs of ASR razors?
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(2) very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
    Soap: Gillette Pure cream- nice mild scent with excellent lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi Cola 22 mm synthetic- excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice scrubber, great lather painter.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Post shave: Razorock Emperor with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe Moisturizing lotion + scentless.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG]Excellent shave with my STAR bar #4 L.C + a coated Gem blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

6. GAW9576

This Ever-Ready lather catcher has some of the loudest audio feedback I've ever experienced, I LOVE IT. The rest of the gear was fantastic today too. MER Shavings Fougère Bay smells wonderful and lathered easily with the Zenith Boar brush. I finished the shave off with Thayers after shave balm and a splash of Aqua Velva Musk.

IMG_12032022_165915_(1199_x_1200_pixel).jpg

7. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

GEMonday, March 14, 2022

Razor: Gem Featherweight 1st generation- Mfg 1950-52, 2nd gen 1953-54, excellent tame mid range, very enjoyable shave, built to last. 1 OZ approximately.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(3) Very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
    Soap: Razorock XXX - nice fresh scent when dried down with excellent lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi Cavern lake 24mm tuxedo knot, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice scrubber + great lather painter.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Post shave: Razorock XXX with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion + scentless.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=:eatdrink047: excellent shave with my Gem Feather weight with a coated Gem blade.
    SOTD March 14 2022.jpg
    Have some great shaves!

8. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Gem 1912/DIY 300 Win Mag Handle Razor
    Gem Stainless SE Blade
    Rubberset #3 Boar (restored) Brush
    Viking Revolution Peppermint Eucalyptus Shave Cream
    Sea Breeze Astringent
    Aqua Velva Ice Blue After Shave

Untitled.jpg

9. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

ASRazor shave, March 15th 2022

Razor: Gem Junior 1912 with baton handle-Mfg 1943 variant, very nice mid range and the baton tapered handle is exceptional to work the face, one of the best SE razors ever built and not sure why this type of handle is not made today, self standing also. Gem made millions of 1912 model variants over the decades.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(4) very sharp, easy to install and remove, excellent longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
    Soap: Razorock XXX- nice fresh scent + excellent lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi 22 mm Sagrada Familia 2 band badger, not a lather hog, one of my favorites, excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, nice scrubber + excellent painter.
    Post shave: Razorock XXX AS with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion + scentless.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers =:eatdrink047:excellent shave with my Gem Junior baton handle with a Gem coated blade.
    SOTD March 15 2022.jpg
    Have some great shaves!

10. GAW9576

Today's razor of choice was the wonderful Gem Jr. Bar. A fragrant lather of A&E's The Novelist was whipped up with a copper handled Zenith Boar brush. A splash of the matching aftershave along with a little Thayers aftershave balm was a perfect finish for a very enjoyable shave.

IMG_20220315_094724_364.jpg

jimjo1031, brit, Ron R and 1 other person like this.
  11. GAW9576

Just a light touch up this morning with the Gem MMOC. The Argonath approve.

IMG_21032022_083434_(1260_x_1258_pixel).jpg

jimjo1031, brit and Ron R like this.
  12. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

MMMonday, March 21st 2022, ASRazor shave this morning, Thought I would use the Everready 1914 this morning because of it's patent date March 24th that I seem to forget that day or not using a ASR that day.

Razor: Everready 1914 (AKA, Little Lather Catcher, LLC)Mfg 1914-17, excellent mid range with great audio feed back & a pleasure to use + mostly care free shaving IMO.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(5) very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
    Soap: Ach Brito Lavanda cream, mild scent of lavender + excellent lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi 24mm Dandelion cashmere synthetic, excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, gentle scrubber + excellent painter.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups + razor(testing).
    Post shave: Ach Brito Lavanda with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturising lotion(Scentless)
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG]Excellent shave with my ER 1914 with a coated Gem blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

jimjo1031, brit and GAW9576 like this.
  13. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

ASRazor shave, March 22nd 2022

Razor: Everready 1912 model- Mfg 1936-53 NDC, excellent mid range, very close shave, mostly carefree and great handle grip.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(6) very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
    Soap: Razorock Santa Maria del Fiore, nice scent of vanilla and mild Tabaco with excellent lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi 24mm 2 band badger barber pole, excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, nice scrub + great lather painter.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups + razor(testing).
    Post shave : Razorock Santa Maria del Fiore with witch hazel.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers =[​IMG] Excellent shave with my ER 1912 with a coated Gem blade.
    (It does not get much better than this)
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

14. GAW9576

I had a nice smooth shave this morning with the Gem Featherweight. A great lather was whipped up with MER Shavings Barbershop scented soap and my copper handled Zenith Boar.

IMG_22032022_174018_(1100_x_1100_pixel).jpg

15. GAW9576

Fantastic shave today.

IMG_27032022_203635_(1100_x_1100_pixel).jpg

16. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

MMMonday, March 28th 2022

Razor: Micromatic Flying wing(AKA, guiding eye, Micromatic bullet tip=MMBT) Excellent tame mid range, I can get DFS++ usually and that is a nice sweet spot for me, heaviest of the Micromatics and designed to last, well designed with the rack & pinion clamp.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(7) excellent, very sharp, excellent longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
    Soap: Razorock Irish countryside, mild scent with excellent lather qualities. Excellent protection slickness.
    Brush: Yaqi Mountain lake 24mm 2band badger, excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, great scrub + great later painter.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. Cold clams the skin.
    Post shave: Witch hazel beard cleanse + Proraso green with witch hazel .
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG]excellent shave with my Micromatic Flying wing with a coated Gem blade.
    SOTD March 28 2022.jpg
    Have some great shaves!

17. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

ASRazor shave, March 29th 2022

Razor :Everready 2nd Gen streamline- Mfg England 1950's, Great upper mid range, well built, very nice shave today.
    Blade :Gem Personna SS PTFE (8) very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
    Soap :Speick stick- nice mild spicy lavender scent + excellent lather qualities. One of my favorites.
    Brush :Yaqi 24 mm Robin boar- excellent lather generator, soft split end bristles, great scrubber + excellent lather painter.
    Pre shave :Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep :Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
    Post :Razorock King Louis lavender with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion ( Scentless)
    Results : CCS,DFS,BBs + minor irritation + no weepers=[​IMG]excellent shave with my ER streamline with a coated Gem blade.
    Brush collage March 29 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Have some great shaves!

18. GAW9576

Tabac Tuesday. GEM MMOC and a Zenith boar followed by a splash of Aqua Velva Musk.

IMG_29032022_213730_(1100_x_1100_pixel).jpg

jimjo1031, Ron R and brit like this.
  19. GAW9576

Ever-Ready shovel head on a Treet baton handle today. Great shave.

IMG_31032022_202010_(1100_x_1098_pixel).jpg

jimjo1031 and Ron R like this.
  20. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

MMMonday, April 4th 2022

Razor :Micromatic open comb(button less variant)-Mfg 1930-32 + 1932-41 button variant for Gem double edge blades, upper mid range, built to last, 1st mass produced TTO in the world and sold millions. Great razor to use for tough beards, excellent design! This razor helped Gem Mfg(ASR) make it through the dirty thirties depression!
    Blade :Gem Personna SS PTFE(9) excellent blade, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
    Soap : Razorock Lavender, nice scent of lavender + excellent lather qualities.
    Brush : Yaqi Viper 24mm boar bristle, excellent lather generator, soft split end bristle hairs, great scrub + excellent lather painter.
    Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave : Ach Brito Lavanda with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless)
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

jimjo1031 and GAW9576 like this.