What pocket knife do you carry?

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by DesertTime, Jun 9, 2017.

1. DE Cartman

DE Cartman Well-Known Member

My constant companion for the past several years is a Spyderco Endura Wave. When I pull it from my pocket it is already open so it's much faster than an auto knife. The VG-10 steel keeps a great edge and it's easy to sharpen on the Ken Onion Work Sharp. 20141230_152029_zps29nd0u7t.jpg

2. DE Cartman

Years ago before pocket clip knives were popular, I always had a Buck 110 with me either in a belt sheath or riding in my back pocket. 20141105_151400_zpsm37ut0vk.jpg

brit, Jorvaljr, Enrico and 3 others like this.
  3. DE Cartman

Also If I'm out and about in the woods, I have a Morakniv companion fixed blade knife with me. Is the best bang for your buck in a fixed blade knife and they're usually under $15.

RyX likes this.
  4. ARGH

ARGH Well-Known Member

IMG_8579.JPG Currently the Swiss Army Executive

I have carried many over the years.

Enrico, 178-bplatoon and AGHisBBS like this.
  5. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

My current knife is a Ganzo/Firebird F753M1 with black G-10 handle and axis lock. It comes out of China but it is well made and the price just can't be beat.

Enrico and AGHisBBS like this.
  6. Edsland

Edsland Active Member

image.jpeg Swiss Army tinker

brit, Hodge, Enrico and 3 others like this.
  7. Infantry23

Infantry23 Member

This is exactly what I carry also

Enrico and Stu929 like this.
  8. Flipper

Flipper Member

Benchmade Griptilian
    [​IMG]

brit, 178-bplatoon, Keithmax and 2 others like this.
  9. Mr Two Bits

Mr Two Bits Well-Known Member

31E9BF0A-30AC-43C9-82AF-D8E5D62EA79F.jpeg

Victorinox Excelsior. Hard to find in the US but worth the effort. I have this one as my EDC work knife. No geegaws, just blades. I have this same knife with the Alox scales as my “gentleman’s” knife and it’s even thinner than this one. No bulk whatsoever and of all the knives I have, this one is by far my favorite.

Attached Files:

brit, 178-bplatoon, Keithmax and 5 others like this.
  10. ordinaryshaver

ordinaryshaver Well-Known Member

I carry the buck 110 on my body as well. Have the nylon sheath also.
    I also tend to carry either a case 3 blade in an orange bone handle, or a victorinox trapper in brush aluminum.

Keithmax, Enrico and wristwatchb like this.
  11. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Kershaw [​IMG]

brit, 178-bplatoon, Keithmax and 4 others like this.
  12. Mr Two Bits

Ceramic blade? I had one of the Ken Onion Kershaws and could never get it to sharpen properly...

13. Preacher

Preacher Well-Known Member

Strider AR

Enrico likes this.
  14. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I really like the orange model of that knife. :)

15. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Have carried this slim Swiss army knife for years. I have access to confiscated knives from our local airport, so have an endless supply of this or similar Victornox knives.

brit, AGHisBBS, 178-bplatoon and 4 others like this.
  16. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

No, this one is steel and I’ve been happy with it. I also have a chive that I like.

17. brit

brit in a box

20181109_235537.jpg kershaw chive from 2003,kershaw splinter from 05ish, columbia river eros , bear from my teen age years,was old then as well

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
  18. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

These are my favorites for EDC: Spyderco Sage 1 Liner Lock, Spyderco Sage 2 Reeve Integral Lock, and the Swiss Army Pioneer Alox.
    Spyderco Sage 1 Liner Lock.png Spyderco Sage 2 Reeve Integral Lock.png Swiss Army Pioneer Alox.jpg

19. Mr Two Bits

That’s exactly the othe Excelsior I have. It’s actually in my pocket right now! Great little knife.

wristwatchb and Hodge like this.
  20. Pete123

Pete123 Well-Known Member

My current everyday carry is one I made. My personal knife also has to work as my shop knife. In light of that, I went with CPM 154 steel. The scales are ram horn.

I'm a big fan of having everyday carry knives being fixed blade, as opposed to folding, and being small enough for pocket carry. After the holidays, I'll replace those pins with something that looks better.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]