PLANofMAN's Recent Activity

1. PLANofMAN replied to the thread Your Pipe of The Day..

FYI, A few grains of uncooked rice in the bottom of the bowl will also absorb moisture without changing the flavor.

Apr 18, 2024 at 9:09 PM
  2. PLANofMAN replied to the thread Your Pipe of The Day..

If you roll and stuff, or fold and stuff, leave some extra room in the top of the bowl. Some flakes expand when smoking.

Apr 18, 2024 at 5:28 PM
  3. PLANofMAN liked BamaT's post in the thread Your Pipe of The Day..

GREAT tobacco, comes as a flake. One of the best for someone wanting to move from aromatics to pure tobacco blends. It consists of...

Apr 18, 2024 at 4:40 PM
  4. PLANofMAN attached a file to the thread Your Pipe of The Day..

Depends on what you mean. There's several ways to smoke flake. The most common is to rub it out and smoke it normally. You get more...

Screenshot_2024-04-17-21-05-27-08_0311c9f6806a66343c45622522faa000.jpg Apr 18, 2024 at 4:31 PM
  5. PLANofMAN liked gorgo2's post in the thread Your Pipe of The Day..

Correction...it was the 1864 that I really liked the other morning, I'd looked at the wrong bag. MM 150th is pretty straightforward,...

Apr 18, 2024 at 4:19 PM
  6. PLANofMAN replied to the thread Your Pipe of The Day..

Aromatics tend to get acrid when you get down to the dottle, which I why I toss 'em. English blends are less prone to that, but if it...

Apr 18, 2024 at 12:12 AM
  7. PLANofMAN liked BamaT's post in the thread Your Pipe of The Day..

I’ve never experienced any damage to any of my bowls by smoking down to an ash. Not saying it can’t happen, just that I’ve never seen...

Apr 18, 2024 at 12:07 AM
  8. PLANofMAN replied to the thread Your Pipe of The Day..

Yes, simply because Aromatics tend to be wetter, though I get dottle with all blends. Smoking an entire bowl to ash can damage and char...

Apr 17, 2024 at 4:28 PM
  9. PLANofMAN replied to the thread Your Pipe of The Day..

Yeah, English blends, by definition, cannot use anything other than natural flavors. Which is why you'll hear these following terms get...

Apr 17, 2024 at 4:24 PM
  10. PLANofMAN liked wristwatchb's post in the thread Wallet suggestions.

Agree. I carried this (chrome tanned full grain leather) Saddleback Leather large bifold wallet daily for several years. The leather...

SBL Large Bifold Wallet.jpg Apr 17, 2024 at 3:44 PM
  11. PLANofMAN replied to the thread Your Pipe of The Day..

Since we're on the subject, let's discuss casing vs. topping. Cased tobaccos are soaked in a bath of flavorings and preservatives. This...

Apr 17, 2024 at 3:37 PM
  12. PLANofMAN liked BamaT's post in the thread Your Pipe of The Day..

No flavoring added, but cavendish does have it’s own unique flavor, if that makes sense.

Apr 17, 2024 at 3:13 PM
  13. PLANofMAN replied to the thread Your Pipe of The Day..

Yessir. It's the same stuff that causes vape juice users to blow big white plumes too (though much of that is from VG (vegetable...

Apr 17, 2024 at 5:48 AM
  14. PLANofMAN replied to the thread Wallet suggestions.

Bellroy are overpriced for the quality of the product you receive. If you like them, fine. There are other wallets in the same price...

Apr 17, 2024 at 5:39 AM
  15. PLANofMAN liked swarden43's post in the thread Wallet suggestions.

Google full grain leather wallets. Avoid top grain or bonded leather. Full grain will last quite a long time. A bit more expensive, but...

Apr 17, 2024 at 4:59 AM